Low Point Of The Week

Andy

The winker (deliberate typo) who scraped my car, but drove on without leaving a note saying they'd hit me.

I always follow the rules that were set down years ago regarding parking at sections - always get behind the white line if there is one or ensure your car is totally off the road. Given where my car was parked over the week and the height of the scrape it was almost certainly a van (and a filthy white one at that) and therefore almost certainly one of the "support vehicles" travelling round and therefore a Trials person who hit it - which makes it pretty disappointing that they didn't have the balls to admit to it.

Same thing happened to my dad's van at the recent Consett DMC 2 day trial. A cracked wing mirror, conveniently at lever height, there was even skid marks in the grass where the front brake must of been pulled on where the guy had hit it. But nobody owned up to it. :wall:

The winker (deliberate typo) who scraped my car, but drove on without leaving a note saying they'd hit me.

I always follow the rules that were set down years ago regarding parking at sections - always get behind the white line if there is one or ensure your car is totally off the road. Given where my car was parked over the week and the height of the scrape it was almost certainly a van (and a filthy white one at that) and therefore almost certainly one of the "support vehicles" travelling round and therefore a Trials person who hit it - which makes it pretty disappointing that they didn't have the balls to admit to it.

Where did that happen??

Where did that happen??

I didn't notice it till Saturday, but I'm 99% certain it happened at Meall Nam Each on Friday. The damage wasn't there Thursday and Friday at Doire Dhamh the passenger side was away from the road. It was roadside at Pipers Burn, but a good 2 feet back so no chance of it happening then. Only at Meall Nam Each was the passenger side anywhere near the road. Saturday morning I was at Lower Mamore so passenger side was away from the road and afternoon I was at Nevis Forest parked up just before the gate so can't have happened then.

Andy,

Major pisser, but it is possible that a van can catch a car and the driver doesn't realise. For instance on vehicles with long overhangs behind the rear wheels if the driver turns hard right the back end of the van goes left and can easily clip whatever it is near.

If you consider that there must be quite a few vans hired / borrowed for the week where the person driving it is not used to driving them, particularly in narrow Scottish roads, it is likely that the driver was unaware of what he did to your car.

Having said that if when returning their hire van fresh scrapes were reported they should do the decent thing and own up as I'm sure most of the people visiting the sections also keep a close eye on your website.