Gas Gas / Marzocchi

NAD1

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, unless Sachs have cast the Marzocchi emblems into the fork legs I still say that my Raga has Marzocchi forks!

The sacks are supposedly specific to the 300 - thought you had a 250 (Sweet bike) and would get the Zokes.

when attempting to buy an 08 250 afew months ago when there was none about,jude the lady at gguk said that bmw had pulled rank on gg,and the rumour that gg hadnt paid their marzocchi bill wasnt true. did gg recently have financial problems?

I can see some logic in supplying BMW before Gas Gas as I would imagine BMW to be more financially stable and also to provide bigger orders. What I dont understand is why Marzocchi would supply Scorpa before Gas Gas unless there was a financial problem, do Scorpa shift more units than Gas Gas, I wouldnt have thought so...

Still like the look of the 09 pro though :banana2:

The MX Digital article has alot of wiggle room in the descriptions/use of the sachs fork - seems odd they used it in specifications list after all the conditionals in the article. Poor choice by the editor or great insight??? The quoted list prices seem off as well. Given that Raga rides with the M forks - the Sachs would be a let down for many customers right off the bat - even if there great forks.

• 2 weeks later...

Was just expecting it all to be sorted by now, theirs no real marking on the legs other than a part number on the inside. Feel a bit odd but then my bike i've just finished with has done SSDT so the forks felt pretty good. Will see how they feel this Sat and Sunday and swap them with my dad's 08 250 ones if needed :(

Have just stuck my guard on them but i'll get a photo at the weekend and stick it on here.

I'm contemplating going back to Gas Gas for my next bike as I think the 09 looks really good

BUT

the 06 300 i had didnt come with the 2 map ignition it was supposed to have it had the Ducati system on from the 04 or 05 model.

so if I order an 09 it would be nice to know what forks I would get ? the Sachs ones have problems I understand as when they bottom out they sometimes stick. Not what you want for

Was just expecting it all to be sorted by now, theirs no real marking on the legs other than a part number on the inside.

Any Marzocchi stickers anywhere? So does your dealer know what the bike has on it? Have you asked?

No my Dad picked the bike up yesterday so i never saw it till he brought it here. I'll give them a try and see if i have any issues with them and then start asking what they are. No defiantly no Marzocchi stickers anywhere.

My dads volunteered his forks, should i need them! Thats what Dads are for :(