Fantic 200 Engine Issues

s_preech

yep that will do.

can't help with the torque setting's on the rest of the motor,i normaly tighten through feel,rightly or wrongly i dont know but nothing's fallen off the motor yet.

Be very carefull when you tighten the head bolt's though,there only thin rod's you overtighten and the git's will snap on you,then you've got a big problem finding replacement rod's.

Thanks for the tip.

I have a copy of the Manual comming on cd, so that should have the torque settings in it.

I must admit im very impressed with Dave from Inmotion, has had everything that I have needed (gasket set and woodruff key) in stock and very fast dispatch.

Hopefully have the bike running by the weekend then time to do it up and make it look pretty again.

Where did you get your manual from? Is it just the frame with engine torque settings or a proper break down of the engine?

I got it from a seller on eBay, when it arrives ill send the document to you if you want, just PM your email address.

I dont know what is in the book, hoepfully as much info as possible

Edited by s_preech

I have recieved the Woodruff key,

I took out the old one, and the flat side was sticking outwards, is this correct? The new one looks the same size to be honest. Do I just push the new one in? Should it stick out at all?

• 2 weeks later...

HI Guys,

Sorry i havent responded for a while, been very busy.

Fitted the woodruff key. It now starts!

But it revs up for a should time and responds to throttle movements. But then just dies....

Any ideas? This is with the choke on.

Do you think that it will just be an issue with the choke?

I have this http://www.dellorto.com/editor/uploads/images/PHBH_l.pdf diagram of the carb, this http://www.dellorto.com/merchandise/produc...artsectionID=24 is the parts list for the carb, I dont know which o ring is the choke one.

If I can get the bike started without the choke do you think that the issue will not be there?

Thanks for the tip bilc0, the spark plug is sparking really well, but I might just to make sure get myself another.

30's the choke

47 is worth looking at as well,i think thats the one lee was talking about.

to be honest the choke don't need to stay on long once it's fired up,i just use my choke to start up from cold then it goes off straight after start up,as lee says probaly carb need's looking at,if it's been standing for awhile

Edited by bilc0

• 2 weeks later...

Turn the idle screw in a bit so the engine idles a little high then screw in the air screw all the way then back out half a turn. Now crank the throttle a bit and listen to the motor does it idle down quick if not back out another half turn or a quarter. Then crank it again and keep messing with it in such manner till it idles down quickly. What you want is the idle to go smooth up then smooth down with out alot of popping, almost for got make sure its warm before you adjust it, or just do it again once its warm.