Rim Tapes

martin 305

Just got my rims back from being anodised :huh: and not to sure how to fit the rim tape on the tubeless rear wheel ? it seemed to be fited with some sort of silicon to seal the tape to the wheel but dont know if its special stuff cos of the acid in normal silicon. Any help would be very welcome .thanks martin :thumbup:

rypsherco usa has a good photo explaination of the job, i'm with sdc on this, although others use grease i like soapy water.

That's great...but I can't seem to find it at all on Ryan's site...do you have the link to the specific page? Thanks.

rypsherco usa has a good photo explaination of the job, i'm with sdc on this, although others use grease i like soapy water.

I agree. I like to clean everything with alcohol and use soapy water. I always pump my tires up to about 30 psi after a Trial, for storage, and I've never had any leakage problems on my 02' Pro.

Jon

Funtrials Posted Today, 07:07 PM

QUOTE (Nigel Dabster @ Jul 17 2008, 09:08 PM) *

That's great...but I can't seem to find it at all on Ryan's site...do you have the link to the specific page? Thanks.

Well, technically it is at the Sherco website. http://www.sherco.com/ hover over the "support" tab and click on "Wayne's Help"

Many topics there.

more specifically the rim tape one is http://www.sherco.com/wayne/Rim%20Band%20R...nt%20Manual.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all your help with this :D after 3 trys turns out it was a punctured rim tape so got one from G G uk with valve attached . The sherco link is going to be a great help when i replace it . Thanks again B)

I also just got one of the new type rim straps, to keep in parts. They are "one piece" and have the valve stem as part of the strap itself, the GasGas part number is BT551502808 .

Jon