I'll Have Two Please?

gizza5

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Crikey with the 'Credit Crunch' will somone buy this???

Cough

Actually I mentioned it on here a few days ago and was conversing, let's say with Caroline about it.

The thread was removed as the 'moderators' thought I was peddling it on here, because of the wording of the thread.

And the answer is no, before you ask Gizza5... I haven't bought it or negotiated to buy it, although Caz thought it would be nice to sell it to someone in Scotland, given the bike's winning history!

Question is, how much did it cost to build with all those special parts on it, the Termignioni can is worth a fortune in itself!

Big John

...I must admit I saw this...! Trouble is who would buy it? You'd have to win all the time to justify the cost, and if you didn't, you'd be all the gear no idea...! I'm sure Doughie could beat most people riding my old 315R and letting them ride his works light as a feather special anyway. That's why I'm getting back into trials, the bike is important, but not as much as rider skill...

04r1,

You have a point, I appreciate the cost is greater than a standard or even a Repsol Montesa. However, you have to consider if you wanted such a bike how much would it cost to build, it is by all accounts a factory bike, rarety comes into it!

I have an ex-factory bike bought back in 1957, not many of them around now, but I have it. Not all that much better than the standard kit and again a factory rider could have still won on a standard bike.

Anybody want to buy this piece of trials history, 50 years on?

Big John

post-26-1223220113.jpg

Edited by Big John

Correct Atom Ant, it is not for sale, I was just using it to make a point here!

The sister bike to mine, OLH 721 won the 1954 SSDT (rider: Artie Ratcliffe). The TRW Montesa is Dabill's 2007 SSDT winning bike, in 50 years time someone, somewhere would want to have it, don't you think?

Or am I just being a sentimental old duffer?

Big John

Correct Atom Ant, it is not for sale, I was just using it to make a point here!

The sister bike to mine, OLH 721 won the 1954 SSDT (rider: Artie Ratcliffe). The TRW Montesa is Dabill's 2007 SSDT winning bike, in 50 years time someone, somewhere would want to have it, don't you think?

Or am I just being a sentimental old duffer?

Big John

Being nearly as old as Andy, I'm not too sure if I could wait 50 years to recoup the investment! :lol: