Raga....montesa ?

trialero13

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bout time Doug moved to beta again, I did think Raga would have been more of a threat this time, but i'd rather it been fuji than anyone of the other foreign contingent .as for fuji, doug, raga , at montesa that just about wraps it up for another 10 yrs

bout time Doug moved to beta again, I did think Raga would have been more of a threat this time, but i'd rather it been fuji than anyone of the other foreign contingent .as for fuji, doug, raga , at montesa that just about wraps it up for another 10 yrs

If this rumor is true ? my take on it is the new 4 stroke bike!! a big question was the worlds #1 and two where going to have to start a new indoor season on a new bike against the world #1 indoor rider.

The first thing that would happen, people would compare the results and if the Mont didn't do great even when it's a learning period they would blame the bike, or do they ride the 315 and try and get outdoor practice on the 4T when they can, not giving them full time on the bike, again starting the outdoors with less time on the bike than they would like.

I think the whole thing is how they can give the new machine the best intro, great solution to Mont/HRC problem would be to have the top three riders in the world on their bike.

GG USA pulled the same move getting the top three riders in the US championship and the top woman, two of the riders from Mont, same reasons they moved for a better deal, what goes around comes around.

If true the top three riders on the same brand would make for an interesting outdoor season, no holds barred full chat let the best man win :angry:

If this rumor is true ? my take on it is the new 4 stroke bike!! a big question was the worlds #1 and two where going to have to start a new indoor season on a new bike against the world #1 indoor rider.

The first thing that would happen, people would compare the results and if the Mont didn't do great even when it's a learning period they would blame the bike, or do they ride the 315 and try and get outdoor practice on the 4T when they can, not giving them full time on the bike, again starting the outdoors with less time on the bike than they would like.

I think the whole thing is how they can give the new machine the best intro, great solution to Mont/HRC problem would be to have the top three riders in the world on their bike.

GG USA pulled the same move getting the top three riders in the US championship and the top woman, two of the riders from Mont, same reasons they moved for a better deal, what goes around comes around.

If true the top three riders on the same brand would make for an interesting outdoor season, no holds barred full chat let the best man win :angry:

I agree with the bit about the 2-stroke vs. the 4-stroke for indoor and the politics that go with it. I'm wondering what Sherco is going to do for next year since they have both. I'm thinking that Sherco wants Jarvis on the 4-stroke bike to show the world that it is a capable bike at the world championship level. But I think that after so many years at Sherco riding the 2-stroke he might do better on that, but if he rides the two stroke it might scare people off the 4-stroke. However if he rides the 4-stroke and doesn't do as well as he could have with the 2-stroke that might not sit too well either.

It sure is gonna be an interesting season, I wonder how the 4-strokes are going to do in the Indoor, my money's on Raga again.

Hi Ishy,

This is a true rumor. Raga is finishing his Gas-Gas contract, and he is speaking with Montesa. The money is very important....but not sure if he will change. Sorry but I can't tell you more.

Some people know that they are speaking, including now some newspapers.

Obviously your not going to see this on the front page of TC unless it was fact, but it did!! first come to light on TC.

Then again I could be wrong, and it could be seen on the front page of trials Central. :angry:

Edited by ishy

Id doubt it, I think it depend on Ragas choice of Money or Commitment. Keep in mind Raga has stuck with Gas gas since the start of his career, and so the loyalty is definatly there.

Although keep in mind Ragas relationship with Jordi Tarres! If Raga was to move to Honda would that relationship still be there?

Raga seems very commited to GG and I really cant see him moving, unless it is a money matter.

Although as a top rider, young rider and VERY talented rider Im pretty sure Raga can set some deal with gas gas?

After all, for the sake of more money, Id think gas gas would like to keep Raga aswell as the reputation of transporting one of the best riders in trials!