Raga....montesa ?

trialero13

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's another take on it....

Assume Fuji and Dougie are both riding 4-bangers next year. Gas Gas have no 4-T announced. The Mont 4-T (other than one appearance) is untested in serious competition. Who is their biggest threat if the 4-T doesn't perform as expected??? Easiest way to take out the competition is to buy them...

It says Raga's contract with GG is up for renewal this year, how would he know how much to ask for if he didn't see what others would offer, GG would want to renew for as little as possible and Raga will want as much as possible.

Now if Mont/HRC say some big number and poor old Adam was only getting ten bob a week at t'other place it may just shake the job up a bit.

Also have to keep in mind when some of you say he owes the company for all they have invested in him, if he wasn't producing the goods they would be investing the boot up is ass and he would be down the road, it cuts both ways in the real world, how many of you would change employers if the guy down the road offered you a substantial pay increase.

Could it be that Montesa are talking to Raga because one of their top riders might want to leave?

Only speculation - but suppose Dougie is a) seeking a new challenge and :angry: isn't too keen on the 4RT? Maybe he's thinking that after 4 years he's made enough out of Honda (o.k. - maybe goes against the Lampkin "grain") and would rather return to the Beta fold?

This would mean he wouldn't have to ride an as-yet unproven 4 stroke, wouldn't be in the same team as his main rivals and would have the extra challenge of putting Beta, as well as himself, back on top.

Just a thought ...

No suppose about it Doug is not at all happy with the power and in not so many words said so at Hawkstone. He is comparing it to a 270 titanium tuned 2 stroke though. However I am at a loss to say as to whether he would move for less money. How bad does he want the title back? He is going to be second or first next year if HRC come up with a few hop ups for the 4RT, with Fuji nearby and wanting to keep the Chapionship I guess they will. :angry:

I see they have now took up the topic on the todotrial forum, they tend to look at things in a different lite ower there, some interesting points though, Cabby to sherco? Amos and Pons battleing it out on four bangers.

Do we have a bit of life getting kicked back into the sport, next year could be the most interesting we have seen in a long while, the trial!! she lives

Edited by ishy

Guest Yamaha_dude

Heres my, well its more of a hope than an opinion.

If raga moved to montesa they would have 1 2 and 3, thus meaning there bikes would be most probly wanted by a lot of people, i know it depends on your riding style but what the heck. If alot of people wanted montesas they might start making the small bikes again? yes no? maybe?, i no id love a 125 mont :angry: