Raga....montesa ?

trialero13

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest olly_sherco

Raga moving to Montesa I'm not sure about. If they are in talks as has been reported I expect he will go.

But what people are saying about DL leaving. That's just not going to happen. I think he has another year on his contract anyway. I think if anyone is going to leave the Montesa team, it would be Freixa, but even that I think is unlikely. I am not sure on how long his contract was signed for? It may have been just one year, perhaps two.

I don't think Montesa would be losing sleep over the possibility of losing Freixa, he is certainly one of the best in the world but if they had the choice I think it is safe to say they would go for Raga for the third spot in the team.

Perhaps they may even run all four? Expensive but a good chance of the top 4 spots.

I think young Jeroni Fajardo would be a good one to sign up for the long term. I think he will be chasing the top three next year ahead of Freixa and Cabestany.

Back to Raga though, I think it would be interesting to see him on a Montesa. I could never imagine him on anything else then a Gas Gas a year or two ago, but now he will be really wanting to push Dougie and Fuji. To do that he needs to be on the best bike as they are. Backing from Honda may also be an important factor. He will know he will be riding something a little bit special. I expect if Montesa want him, they will get him. They are financially equiped to do so anyway!

To do that, he needs to be on the best bike.

For your info Oily, he is on the best bike! I would be hedging a bet that even with HRC's backing, DL and Fuji would much rather be entering both the upcoming indoor season AND next years Outdoor season on a Proven bike, no matter what brand it was! Not slagging the Honda at all, but it is an unknown quantity as of yet! I might be the best thing since sliced bread, but we will have to wait and see I guess! I suspect that Raga will stay where he is if he know's what will carry him on to the World title that he so desperately wants.............GasGas and Jordi Tarres!

Cheers, Steve

Guest olly_sherco

Honda wouldn't release it if it is a load of rubbish. OK we haven't seen it in many competitions yet, but from what we have seen of it it is clear it's a good bike.

I doubt very much Dougie and Fuji would rather ride anything else. You might think that they would rather ride a Pro. I cannot see how you think that.

Dougie I think has accepted the Indoor championship is perhaps out of reach, but you can bet your house that wont be the case with the outdoor championship. That's the one he wants to win. The Honda will go well outdoor, and that's what he wants.

Amos has been developing this bike, which means it is obviously going to be a brilliant bike. The world rounds that it was ridden in last year certainly show it is going to be a brilliant bike.

It doesn't need to be a "proven" bike, I think they would rather ride the best bike. Proven or not. Just wait till the end of next year and see where the Montesa Hondas will be in the championship standings.

Guest olly_sherco

Forgot to mention, I think the only thing that will persuade Raga to stay will be Tarres. He has done a lot for Raga and I expect Raga will want that to continue.

Well my Mont has been promised for the 15th , but wont get an event out of till just after the scott where i shall be eagerly watching how i should be riding it!!

Now gossip and just purely mutterings from an observer at the weekend on the raga/ doug thing maybe...

I must stress that this was only an opinion passed to me and am not claiming anything or too sure on the correctness of the facts but....

Apparantly a certain young [Jan] expert rider whose father owns Radson radiators (Dougs sponsor) {still??} now all ride gas gas , and so there has been talk that there may be influence for Doug to move to the g. guf factory if Raga were to go to the montesa?? To carry the sponsorship with him??

100% talk , but maybe worth looking at??

Who would carry the bigger paycheck, the factory or the collective of personal sponsors??

To quote a well known US Cyclist

'Its not about the bike' :)

Can't see DL moving, but forget about which production machine may be best. DL hasn't ridden a production Montesa since the start of 2K.

Sure HRC can deliver the goods in most sports, but they don't own 4-stroke technology - Mr Rossi has proved that this year. Everts has also proved it in MX

What this will come down to is pure

it may not be about the bike but at their level it must be QUITE important , and no honda dont own 4t tech but as they are the only ones with a modern 4t for next year they would win the 4t crown ( if there was one )

but yep this changing allegance business dont mean sh*t with a big paycheck waved in front of yer nose :)

Well my Mont has been promised for the 15th , but wont get an event out of till just after the scott where i shall be eagerly watching how i should be riding it!!

So you'll be getting a 400 quid rebate if they don't keep their promise Marky :)

Demand is high and a lot of sponsored riders to fix up one way and another then teaser bikes to send to importers all over the world.

How many can they produce per week going flat out ?

Edited by ishy

I should bloody well hope so Ishy, i ordered mine and gave cash before the japan round,before anyone had seen the bike and said i wanted one.

I knew that when pics came out that folks might want one and again more folks said they wanted one after they had seen it run.

So being a vain ******* i wanted one 1st as i did with the sy, so i have orderd on faith and nowt else!!

Going no further , we will see!!!!!!!

At least next year is going to be even more interesting than last, with Gas Gas having no 4t on the horizon Raga knows that if he moves to Montesa/Honda now he will stand an even better chance in 06 after a year on the bike.