Fantic 240..

totalshell

well following the positive comment in this forum i've splashed the cash on a 240 Pro. with the barrall winging its way 'darn south' for a re chrome and a new piston i'm twiddling my thumbs when i want to be in the garage. the cluthch arm has the extra 20mm but still slips a little .. suggest a cure anyone? reading through the forum i've seen use the 200 yokes what do they look like as i'm told the ones on the bike may be 200's.

what other things can i do to make it more rideable../ reliable... it will be used competatively twice a month and will definately not be a show bike.

I think I might be one on "them"..........

I prefer Falcons to rockshocks.........

The clutch will slip when cold even when its new... and then some when warm in 5th and 6th. Dont worry about it. The later fantics from the 300 onwards had a bigger clutch but they still slip when cold or slightly worn. You might want to try springs from a 125XM cabalerro. 16kg/mm instead of 8kg/mm. Know idea who might have some over there. Check the swing arm bearings. 20mm/30mm replacements phos bronze bushes are easily availble on fleabay if the surface is worn and needle rollers cant be used. Or buy a kit from the southampton boy with grease nipple and all. While talking about my little mate in soton, get an OKO from him. Glenn will sing the praise as I duz (?) also.

If you cant find a 200 top yoke, you can cut and move the mounts forward on the std one. I prefer this also. A 300 brakes is also better than std but getting hard to find. I bought the last one on fleabay USA from here. If not borwe the std brake plate center out to 15,2mm and centralise the brake und pressure when tightening the front end.

Wider footpegs? Spud got rev3s to fit with very little modification. I just put new brackets on , which are 5mm back and lower.

If you strip over winter, try steeper head angle, or a 300 motor. Or section forks.....thats overdoing it but the latter 30o forks onwards are better than std and the 303 forks onwards better still.

Play with the final drive to get what you want and if a 300 seat comes along it will give you more , erm, legroom.

Tank from Soton man? Fatbars, tubeless rim,

reed valve motor, bigger airbox, 300 flywheel and ignition? Drug addicts ususlly start small and work their way up to the hard stuff

DSCF5237.jpg

have fun

Edited by Lee Harris

thanks for the speedy replies

the front exgaust has had a hard life couple of good dings on the elbows.. i can see two different types ?shapes which is the preffered shape the long cone or the 'square' ' box'

can i get an oem back box or do i stick with the wes and repack it ( if so how and with what)

so much to do in the fortnight while the cylinders away...

Edited by totalshell

my bike has a 300 exhaust fitted which you dont need. Repack the wes with silenent sport exhaust packing. If the front is really banged up, buy a 241/301 exhust which are available in the usa on fleebay. the front pipe can be used but must be made longer. looky

DSCF0204.jpg

DSCF0209.jpg

Edited by Lee Harris

I fitted a standard clutch arm but removed the 'return spring clip' from the arm. The clutch operation is a lot better and doesn't require the lever to be fully pulled in to break the clutch like when the bike was fitted with an extended clutch arm. I had some hair moments when the bike would continue on when the clutch didn't fully disengauge. On the flip side the clutch is a 'little' heavier but surpringly not that bad. I've fitted new side panels and bought the stickers off fleebay. I've also fitted some new brake rear shoes and the front brake is standard and surprisingly good. all i need to do is get out a ride it.....lee, let me know when your riding in the uk next. :thumbup:

Edited by spud

looks like the three dayat easter on exmoor.

I need to pick up the 500 quid Bilco lost in yorkshire

I do have one re-occurring problem with all my fantics, bilco has it also. We keep pausing to put our feet down.........

One day I will do the bike some justice....one day ;-)

:thumbup: i've got a spare one

I expect Lee has already sent you a PM saying he wants it.(it's gotta be knackered though).

Spud you think im joking about he's collection,come to Exmoor next year and you will see,your be amazed. :rolleyes:

I expect Lee has already sent you a PM saying he wants it.(it's gotta be knackered though).

Spud you think im joking about he's collection,come to Exmoor next year and you will see,your be amazed. :thumbup:

is it an obsession or a vise lee and dellorto carbs :rolleyes: .....what about the old coils.

Lee, put me right?

Edited by spud

Hey All !!

As one of THEM ! Falcons for sure , inspect swingarm pivot closely , check headstock gussets for cracks , weld on modern peg mounts to your desired position , And go out and ride the old girl !!! then get a OKO and learn to ride it all over again ! :rolleyes:)

Have fun , you'll love it !

Glenn :thumbup:

Edited by axulsuv

Bilco has it all wrong. I only had 9 carbys in yorkshire and 3 were on the bikes.

9ErsatzVergaser.jpg

Have a look and count em....

But yep they were mostly bu%&ered. Finally setteled on the oko like glenn and spud.

Its all in the mind. I drove 2400km for that little play in the yorkshire mud....

hat 6 ht coils and 2 stators with me as well......

if had had a 200 gearlever, bilco wouldnt have lost the 500 quid...

getting back to totalshells original thread, and as one of them, I like anything on a fantic.....

except steve........hahaha

here he is looking worried. DSCN5689.jpg

hes realise the splines on his 200 gearlever are creamcracked and him not having 9 spares with him, cost him the sunday....and 500 quid.

steve, only joking about not liking you....except when you trash my bike......

its ok, you can bring the 500 to exmoor.....

day one please as I will have some heap to pay for when i get there

Edited by Lee Harris