Front Page News

I noticed on a todo trial topic they were still testing a full no stop electronic system on the HRC fourstroke Fuji was riding around this weekend.

The fact they are still testing must mean the FIM do have plans to apply the full no stop rule sometime in the future.

I also noticed no one could be bothered to attend the ACU open forum where clubs and riders could voice their concerns on rules etc.

No doubt when a rule change does come about we will see many crying foul! who the hell thought that one up.

The answer will be "we did" where were you ?

Ishy

The first I heard about this meeting was about a week ago, I am an Ex Pat from Yorkshire now living in Coventry (Where have all the Rocks Gone !!!!).

Coventry is about 15 miles from ACU HQ at Rugby, I am riding the Yorkshire 2 day trial that particular weekend, as I would have gladly attended.

My point is though, the meeting was not well advertised and very little notice given to submit names, if indeed that is what should be done. No wonder it was cancelled.

Is this bad :angry: or good ;) planning on behalf of the ACU or am I reading too much into this.

I just asked a similar question on the front page discussion. The advert on the ACU web page was titled 2004 Open Enduro Forum. I have no involovement in Enduro at all. Why would I click on it to find out that the trials forum is also in there (3 weeks before the enduro one).

First I heard is it is cancelled

Guest Yamaha_dude

I read about this meeting in tmx but didnt attend because i have no way of getting there.

Considering the no stop rule i also read about this in tmx, it says they are possibly considering it, but it could be used even if it isnt because it measures whether the wheel moves backwards or not.

I am a club secretary for an ACU club,run the centre website and heard about this first on here, then read it in last weeks TMX.

Surely in this day and age they could email me about these meetings, leaving enough time to organise some one to attend.

Edited by Mac

I did hear about this some weeks ago and am also riding in a Trial that day, coincidentally an ACU CHAMPIONSHIP event. When I mentioned this to the ACU officer concerned I was told that because of lots of commitments that it was difficult to find a satisfactory date. As it was some of the acu t & e committee would have to leave early as there is practice for the British champs the following day.

May I respectfully suggest rememberence Sunday not many trials that day is there.

I spent a while setting out several points on what I thought about the ACU classic series, so that the points could be raised in abscence of all riders at the 8th round event, but realise now it was a waste of time.

ACU basher I am not, but this just ain't good enough in my book. :angry:

It is my opinion that it needs a bit of a shake up, and there is too many rounds and too much overlap with the sammy miller series, and I am convinced the over 40 thing is not sitting that well here, and to clump them all with the sidecars is a joke. Thah sort of thing. Perhaps we could start a thread and air a few views then forward it to the ACU, or better still why don't they make the meeting "on Line"?

May I respectfully suggest rememberence Sunday not many trials that day is there.

Probably hard to suggest Remembrance Sunday "respectfully".

Although I may be the least religious person in the world(I realise it's not a religious day, but religion does take it over).

I could understand if people got a little bit upset if that happened.

Especially people of your age Dabster :angry:

On-line meeting - Dunno - possible (probable) chaos - Good idea for the thread on here to discuss it, and gather the important points from it at the end.

I must admit I feel pretty uninformed about most things ACU. I tend to hear about them through word of mouth or maybe a column in TMX. How about a section on here for all matters ACU - keep people informed?

Think you're on the right track there Dabster, the sidecars make all the sections too easy and mixing it with modern bikes is just as bad for the opposite reason in my experience.

Riding twinshocks is getting really popular in a lot of areas these days, people are making an effort to turn out competative machines, i think it's time for a shake up of the series also.

More than what I or you think is what people who do the series thinkas a whole. The coming rounds are a double header in devon is it not too much of an intellectual leap to give a questionaire out on the sat sign on and then collect sunday? At least the riders could have a say without the trek to Rugby if thats putting them off.

I think there are a few of us on this forum who ride the Classic rounds so a few ideas floated would be a good idea.

I would agree that Solo and Sidecar Championship Rounds on the same course just do not work.

Slightly harder sections overall as no round should be won on a clean ride.

Would an O/40 championship work on its own at other Clubman Nationals?

Oh, and proper Non-Stop observing just like the old days, eh Nigel!