X-bloc Nightmare

godzilla

While out on sunday the x-bloc tensioner that i put on my bike a month ago came apart. The rubber bit of the chain guide went round the sprocket and flung the chain off, NIGHTMARE as i was mid section and didnt need another 5. i managed to get the chain back on and finished the event. when i looked at the x-bloc later i was appalled at the construction, the rubber part is moulded around nothing more than 10mm of bent metal on the top and 4mm on the bottom with a couple of holes to help it bond. for an item that claims to be shaped to avoid rocks the construction is very poor. I took it back to where i got it and asked them to send it back , but i doubt if i will hear from them about it. I took some pics but dont know how to upload them. Beware of the bling all that glitters is not gold..

Edited by godzilla

Good news for sure, have had one fitted to a Beta 125 since April this year and done 50+ trials including nationals. The block looks as good as the day it was fitted it, with an excellent wear rate.

I would not expect total indisctructabilty, but compared with a standard tensioner the x bloc has got to be better!!

We have put one on our last two bikes and they have lasted really well. Certainly after braking two of the "standard" blocks in six months and having to replace those that didn't after four or five months riding they are a revelation. They also seem to be better when taking knocks as well. The size of the Standard block does cause the tensioner arm to "bend" after a couple of knocks causing more chain wear. We have more exposure than most to these blocks having seen the prototypes in development and having been "on the spot" when the idea came into being. I'd get back to the shop with them and get another. I'll have a word this weekend and see if there has been a batch problem.

when your done with yours it cut it open and see what its made of you will probably be supprised, if it wears too much it will come apart and go round your sprocket and spit your chain off. All i am saying is beware, there is a chance there where a faulty batch, but as i have NOT been offered a new one and had a very bad experience with the one i had i will not pay

Edited by godzilla

Good news for sure, have had one fitted to a Beta 125 since April this year and done 50+ trials including nationals. The block looks as good as the day it was fitted it, with an excellent wear rate.

I would not expect total indisctructabilty, but compared with a standard tensioner the x bloc has got to be better!!

Blimey, you must be a Pro....how did you do 50+ trials between April and November when theres only been 23 weekends !!!

:unsure::):)