Xispa At The Dirtbikeshow

munch

Personally they look like a very cheaply made chinese copy of sherco. They weren't even put together proply on the stand. The bolts for the front mudguard had stripped.

I'm sorry to be harsh but no thanks. I'd much rather pay the same price and get a nearly new sherco.

Personally they look like a very cheaply made chinese copy of sherco. They weren't even put together proply on the stand. The bolts for the front mudguard had stripped.

I'm sorry to be harsh but no thanks. I'd much rather pay the same price and get a nearly new sherco.

How did the GasGas compare? :(

The gas gas quality is now probably better than Sherco, certainly the nuts and bolts on the 09's are far superior.

The spainards I was told by one at a french trial regard the Sherco as built down to a price.

:( I know I know - sorry couldn't resist the age old troll. :)

That's not you dabster, just a turn of phrase ;)

I think when Sherco went black frames it wasn't just for looks, I suppose all manufacturers have to maximise profit in this day an age.

Although on a GasGas the quality's not too important, it'll all be replaced throughout the year :rotfl:

Doh - done it again - couldn't resist. Jokin - no response needed :rotfl:

P.S. I've seen some ****e from all manufacturers, so although public opinion does build up, I'll reserve my final judgement until I see it in the flesh and I see one perform week in week out.

Edited by bikespace

Has Xispa got any top riders lined up in 09 to ride for them?

I'd be intrested to see how it fairs in the british rounds or even if it can take the battering.

And why are all 3 engine sizes the same price????

For me, it will be interesting to see how it can perform in the British, but for any kind of endurance or reliability I'll be looking to the standard clubman.

Just look at what's happened with many of the other bikes, I won't quote specific incidents, although I can name a couple, where there have been major incidents such as frame snaps, swinging arm snaps that have remained almost totally unheard of with a quick replacement job from the importers.

I don't reckon the Xispa will get away with the same trick, just because so many people seem to be willing it to fall on its face. Not sure why that is, but people will soon change their tone if Xispa is still around in a few years.

I've wondered before why there was such a difference in price for different sized bikes. No great difference in engineering, they still have a barrel and piston, it's just a different size. How much money can be saved on a little less metal?

Seems like simplifying the price structure is a good idea.

It looks like an 06 Sherco that has done 2 years work already. In my opinion it is too expensive at 3195. It needs to be a good grand under the price of a gasser to get anybody on one otherwise anybody with any sense would buy a nearly new sherco that has lost a bit of its value already and is proven that it works. It may well have looked more attractive to the public if it actually had a decent graphics kit on it.