Isle Of Man ?

edholland

Found this Kart video a while ago http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Onboard...-Cam_203725.htm I think it,s the Isle of Man but i,m not sure. Can any of you guys help out ?

Cheers,

Ed

Isle of Man, International 250 class I think. I'm pretty sure it's from a Duke video I have called "The Ultimate Ride" that features on-board camera shots of various "sport" and includes off-shore boats, Trials, Nick Jeffries at the TT, the Manx Rally, downhill skiing, the roller coaster at Blackpool and Alton Towers etc. A bunch of stuff and a neat tape.

Jon

Sorry to put a dampner on this thread guys but the Kart GP hasn't been held for the last few years. Unfortunately it was a victim of a severe lack of competitors wanting to come over. If memory serves correctly, it was part of some british championship at the time so alot of the british pro's would come over to race.

Along with a lack of drivers there were a few deaths along the way. It was on the streets around Peel so was very dangerous. It was brilliant to watch though and it is unfortunate that it was cancelled.

I would like to know what karts are in the video had a 125 Techno myself and the radiator was maybe a 1/4 of what these guys are using.

I remember in the eighties they had grazy karts with two two/stroke engines and that Senna couldent drive one because of his insurance. Looking at the huge radiator on the karts in the video i wonder if those are the ones ?

Cheers,

Ed

Yes i,m sure it,s a shifter kart and this one even has a clutch i think ? I,m sure a 250 rotech will make enough power to make awesome speeds :guinness: love the spoilers on them and i,m sure it,s not a 2fast 2 furious thing for those karts :)

Manx2day never new GasGas made those ! me and friend were thinking of getting a frame and mount a 249 fantic engine on it. It would be a 20 hp 6 speed clutch kart should be fun on sunday !

Cheers,

Ed

Was at a cart race where they were using water cooled twin cylinder rotax motors, 250 I think with 6 gears.

Thanks i was pretty sure i heard about those B40RT but never seen one. Tried google but without succes i,ll try again what comes up using rotech in my search :guinness:

Cheers,

Ed