Towbar Mounted Rack?

txt_280

I am interested for that Rack but I cant buy it here in my country and I am thinking about to make one! Could some one take a good pics of it with some details, it would be grate help for me! I have tried to find some on net and on Dave's site but there are no good angle pics!

Same problem in Slovenia.

I am thinking of modifying the Dave Cooper rack to fit the swanneck and some detailed pictures will be great. Can anyone post some pics?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use a Dave Cooper rack on the back of the wife's Renault Megan and it works very well. The only criticism is once the bike is on you do not have access to the boot. So I usually get changed then lift a muddy bike up on the rack with clean clothes....my wife loves it

Ha! its not just me then!

I have a dave cooper on the back of my Nissan Xtrail - its brilliant so much less bother than a trailer. Strap wise i use BMW ones. A great tip i got of my Dad - just go into a dealer and ask niceley if they have any of the straps they use in the containers that deliver the bikes spare. They are ace and never come loose.

The bolts on a std towbar is an integral fitment on the cooper style rack and the only way to use a swan neck would need a lot of modifying and may not be strong enough as they mostly are only slipped in and held with a single bolt, it would be a lot easier to change your towbar also cheaper as a bike falling off at 70mph would be rather costly and pee you off a bit and the driver behind!!!

Dave

We have one on my wifes vitara its been on for about 15 years (my god how time flies) and i had one of the high tensile bolts shear off going into the car park at a trial so now i always carry a spare set and check them now and then

But to be fair they where about ten years old at the time and i had been hauling a husaberg then a ktm ,aswel as my trials bikes around.