Xr 1200 Harleys

dixie

Keep you eyes out for the XR 1200 single make series this year it should be good racing.

A couple of big names have signed up allready.

I bought a road going one just befor christmass and if its anything to go on the racers will be fantastic.

There is something verry satisfiying about going up the inside of an R1 on a roundabout on a big twin,sat bolt up right pretending your not trying, depending how long the next straight is most of the time they come back past so you can do it again at the next twisty bit,Deep joy.

Has my mother been out on her R1 again ! Told her not to until she gets her air jacket. (UK doctors, between puffing their cigarettes and slugging whiskey, have recommended that motorcyclist should wear an air bag type jacket. This would cut down on fatalities caused by c-dif on admission to hospitals)

Might not have been a bad idea having a jacket like that last year when a blind car driver pulled out in front of my aprillia.

Even after i just missed the front of his car he rammed me onto a sign post. That hurt a bit. If I had been on my old fat boy i would have spun him out the way.

Your mother could probably ride better than most R1 riders or should i say pointers anyway.Sorry R1 guys its blades and gsxr's aswel,Not many about at the moment but wait till the sun comes out..

• 4 weeks later...

Although I typically have not ever been attracted to Harleys, I did a lookup on that bike! Seems quite sweet from the looks of it!

Euro version only, the first year? Wow!

So it will run with the Ducati's and the CBR' Hondas? ;)

would not touch them on the track

BUT on a real road you can give them a good run for there money,,mine is tuned with Ti pipes but will top out at about 130 ,not fast enough for the straight line boys .but tourque wise it wins hands down

• 9 months later...

• 2 weeks later...

Get real Dixie... that thing won't run with an R6 much less an R1! The R6 would leave it and you would not see him for the rest of the day...Even with a squid on it!

You're assuming the average R6/R1 rider can ride. On the right road an XR1200 with a decent rider on board will leave the average R6/R1 rider for dead.

• 2 months later...
Keep you eyes out for the XR 1200 single make series this year it should be good racing.

A couple of big names have signed up allready.

I bought a road going one just befor christmass and if its anything to go on the racers will be fantastic.

There is something verry satisfiying about going up the inside of an R1 on a roundabout on a big twin,sat bolt up right pretending your not trying, depending how long the next straight is most of the time they come back past so you can do it again at the next twisty bit,Deep joy.

How did the word harley make it into the superbike area? challange a r1......... yeah sure , I bet If you had a decent mufler on the harley you would hear the r1 rider dying with laughter!

• 3 years later...

I've just spotted this thread :wall: .

Owning 7 Buells ( 6 aircooled and the first 1125 Rotax engined one in the UK - now used as a track bike) I can categorically say that the 'xr' 1200 wouldn't live with any of these on the road or the track, and I've ridden the faux XR extensively and have worked on a few that my mates own. The chief reason being lack of ground clearance, especially on left handers. They deck out as soon as you look at them. It's also funny that they're labeled as an XR (think US Dirt Track), which along with the Manx Norton, is probably one of the most successful race bikes ever. I also found the brakes pretty marginal considering the bulk they have to haul up. These new XR's are simply tarted up Sportsters, but without the luxury of a cassette gearbox (so if the output needle race in the gearbox goes (and they do), they are an economic write off. I don't like Jap bikes, but a well ridden R6 is more than capable of keeping my Ducati 1198 in sight, and performance wise, the Duc is in a different Universe to the XR.

Guy Martin tested one of the Harris prepared faux XRs and said it was 'complete s##te' on the track, and these versions had been extensively and expensively prepared for the race series.