More Stolen Bikes

greg

Not to put a downer on the subject but in the yorkshire area 5 trials bikes have been stolen. So be aware on avertising youre pride and joy to all.

Nobody is advertising anything personal enough or precise enough to identify themselves. If I thought they were I'd have a word.

I agree but if you followed the poster and discover the events they attend, who knows. I feel someone is targeting high spec bikes recently as my unfortunate friend`s loss. Im simply raising the issue so the good yorkshire folk are aware that they may be followed home or watched unknown to them.

I agree but if you followed the poster and discover the events they attend, who knows. I feel someone is targeting high spec bikes recently as my unfortunate friend`s loss. Im simply raising the issue so the good yorkshire folk are aware that they may be followed home or watched unknown to them.

To follow the poster you'd first have to know who they were and where they lived. Someone who posts a bike here is as much likely to be followed from a Trial as one who didn't. Yes, bikes are being nicked, but posting a photo of it here isn't going to make a blind bit of difference unless you also post "This is my bike. It is in a shed at 9 Acacia Avenue, Silsden. PS The key for the padlock is under the mat" in which case you deserve to get your bike nicked. :D

I reckon someone pilfered some of the pics though, either that or the bikes are the latest Stealth or Cloaked versions :D

It's a really good thing though Andy, and I may even post myself once I have them prettied up for the camera!

But seriously on the subject of the spate of bikes vanishing in Yorkshire?? Or wherever, a few people seem to think they have been followed, if that's the case I can imagine a bit of a setup scenario might work to catch the culprits.

Wayne....

bike have always been stolen.

bikes may be stolen by people who follow people home. ( no evidence i have ever seen to substantiate this)

lots of trials bikes in yorkshire.. ergo lots get stolen in yorkshire.

lots of fingers pointed at places like the 'flappit' near keighley ( certainly bikes have actually been stolen from riders whilst at the flappit HOWEVER very few trials bikes used there now ( 3 on the last sunday i was there) mostly 4 x4 quads and MX.

the best defence is keep the bike in a secure building, secure the bike to something in that building. dont advertise its presence ( riding up and down the street, washing on the drive etc)

my main finger points at the ACU and AMCA though.. we have to each register to ride in trials why arent bikes registered.. then if someone turns up at a trial on your bike or trys to register your bike.. well there knicked. i'd pay a tenner.. it'd only have to be o the engine and frame no.s how hard cazn that be..

I reckon someone pilfered some of the pics though, either that or the bikes are the latest Stealth or Cloaked versions ;)

It's a really good thing though Andy, and I may even post myself once I have them prettied up for the camera!

But seriously on the subject of the spate of bikes vanishing in Yorkshire?? Or wherever, a few people seem to think they have been followed, if that's the case I can imagine a bit of a setup scenario might work to catch the culprits.

Wayne....

Catch the culprits, would that not be invading their civil liberties, lifestyle choices etc. You'll be getting a knock on the door for even suggesting such a thing.

No, just be patient, it will be returned when its found burnt out, certainly what the police said to me. I'm more than happy to retract the previous comments when I get my bike back in one piece, and make a contribution to a charity.

Not to put a downer on the subject but in the yorkshire area 5 trials bikes have been stolen. So be aware on avertising youre pride and joy to all.

We do need to be aware of the extra info we post by showing off our bike outside our homes for instance.Please just think about the backgound/foreground when posting.

You know,car type,car reg no.garage door colour,garden layout,front door colour,drive-way material etc..I know I'm preaching to the converted on TC but let's not make things easier for the scrotes out there .

As for being followed home by a bike thief I can confirm that this definately happened......(the police nabbed the lad and he explained his M.O.).It happened to me,on my brothers road-bike and I was tailed from the dealers to a temporary storage address not the bikes usual home base. :wall:

The bike was used for night-time robberies,it was painted that British Standard colour ''stolen-bike-black'' :P and modified in a way that made any night-time police vehicle pursuit(without the helicopter) nigh-on impossible( I was asked not to reveal details of that mod).

The theives were so dumb that they didn't wait for the black spray-paint to dry before handling the bike so their prints were permanently embedded ;) .I had to 'donate' my prints so I could be eliminated from the enquiry!

I personally think that trials bikes are like exotic wild animals and should only be photographed in their natural outdoor habitats, not in captivity or.. err..in the bath.

We do need to be aware of the extra info we post by showing off our bike outside our homes for instance.Please just think about the backgound/foreground when posting.

You know,car type,car reg no.garage door colour,garden layout,front door colour,drive-way material etc..I know I'm preaching to the converted on TC but let's not make things easier for the scrotes out there .

As for being followed home by a bike thief I can confirm that this definately happened......(the police nabbed the lad and he explained his M.O.).It happened to me,on my brothers road-bike and I was tailed from the dealers to a temporary storage address not the bikes usual home base. :wall:

The bike was used for night-time robberies,it was painted that British Standard colour ''stolen-bike-black'' :P and modified in a way that made any night-time police vehicle pursuit(without the helicopter) nigh-on impossible( I was asked not to reveal details of that mod).

The theives were so dumb that they didn't wait for the black spray-paint to dry before handling the bike so their prints were permanently embedded ;) .I had to 'donate' my prints so I could be eliminated from the enquiry!

I personally think that trials bikes are like exotic wild animals and should only be photographed in their natural outdoor habitats, not in captivity or.. err..in the bath.

To expand on this topic, I asked the police if was worth keeping an eye on gumtree / evil etc. Also the follow home angle. They said this only happened with exotic cars. Also that most bike were stolen and used and abused until trashed, not sold. They may be traded for drugs etc. The police were at all times polite, and at no time gave me the slightest hope that I would get it back, until scrap, if then. Has anybody got their bike back ?

I got the feeling that if my brother's bike had not been used for other/worse? crimes then less effort would have been used by the police to apprehend the thieves or return the bike.

The Police attitude to the theft of the bike and their attitude to nicking the robbery suspects were as different as chalk and cheese (although if you've ever tried Tescos own brand cheddar you won't understand that comparison ;) ).

The coppers took it very personally that some young scrotes were blasting around their patch, screwing off-liscences and evading any pursuit that entailed.

Until... one copper in a squad car, T-boned the bike at a junction...hence one insurance right-off (bike)so technically, we never got the bike back,which was just aswell 'cos it broke my brother's heart to ID it in that state.

I understand that little police time/effort is expended on retrieving stolen ,individual, personal ,property these days...unless there's a spate of them..does 5 count as a spate to the Yorkshire force?

The Police attitude to the theft of the bike and their attitude to nicking the robbery suspects were as different as chalk and cheese (although if you've ever tried Tescos own brand cheddar you won't understand that comparison ;) ).

If you look up "own brand" in the dictionary, and I quote - see effluent.