Beta Evo 4t 250/300

fivemeister

my mate was out on his 300 evo on sunday with us,he previously had a 08 250 rev4.

His first impressions are good the engine response is more aggressive,the lock is greatly improved the bike does feel lighter.

the carburation does appear rich in same way that the 08 was,this was cured on 08 by replacing main jet of 127.5 with a 112.

So he rekons this should improve things but will wait to see what lampkins recommend re jetting.

Big concern is the location of the ignition box low down on side of engine appears vulnerablt to knocks and more worrying,deep water,feel sure this can and will be relocated as people are doing on the 2t evo.

So to sum up,he rekons once run in and leaned of will be the 4 stroke to have (MONTS TO DEAR)

blockbob,

Here is a little Piccy. We had a chat on Saturday at BVM when he was collecting it and I was bringing mine in for new suspension linkage nuts. (they where never fitted from new). 2 nuts missing, 1 on the main suspension and the other from the connecting arm to the swinging arm. Everybody; just do a quick visual before riding.

Can I add BVM where excellent in their response in getting it sorted..top job!!

Take a look at my web link for more pictures of Sundays' SVMC Bill Peters Trial.

post-6548-1234901834.jpg

Edited by pinkbike

Big concern is the location of the ignition box low down on side of engine appears vulnerablt to knocks and more worrying,deep water,feel sure this can and will be relocated as people are doing on the 2t evo.

Yep, noted Heath thought it could possibly be moved - with a longer cable - behind the number board. What solution have you seen with the 2T?

Rode my 300 sunday seems a bit flat off the bottom not sure its rich, mine has a 120 main fitted. I think they have a very little ignition advance at low rpm, seems to grip better and the chassis/handling feels a lot better. What they should have done, is put a TPS sensor on the carb and mapped the ingnition from that, would have made more sense, the more throttle = more advance = more power ;) Maybe need to finish running it in and see then-just my initial thoughts

• Like 1

Yep, noted Heath thought it could possibly be moved - with a longer cable - behind the number board. What solution have you seen with the 2T?

The last trial we were at we saw a couple of 2Ts with the ignition box moved to under the seat area next to the air box.Unlike the 4T there is plenty of room on the 2T.

Well, first time out today at the muddy Sutton Falcons trial - my first four stroke since 1973.

First impressions are very good - grip in the mud was excellent - hot starting was good once I had the knack. Second seemed a bit long (noticed since that it has a 42t rear sprocket and I'm used to a 41 on the rev3) but I'll give it a while see if I get used to it. Results not too shabby and better than I thought for a maiden voyage on a four stroke.

Pics of the bike before I christened it in the Norwood mud.......

post-1975-1235325691.jpg

Nice and easy, remove the right hand (black plastic) cover,

unplug front light loom and pull forward unscrew font light remove horn.

Remove old kill switch and light switch.

Fit new Yam kill switch and wire back to side panel (cut back old kill switch wiring and join).

Remove rear mudguard and unplug rear light, reassemble job done.

John.

Nice and easy, remove the right hand (black plastic) cover,

unplug front light loom and pull forward unscrew font light remove horn.

Remove old kill switch and light switch.

Fit new Yam kill switch and wire back to side panel (cut back old kill switch wiring and join).

Remove rear mudguard and unplug rear light, reassemble job done.

John.

Cheers John.

• 3 weeks later...

I may have to adapt a mudgaurd off something else.

Right, with a little work with the old dremel (material shaved from the stay arms to reduce size and four new holes, the REV3 mudgaurd fits)

Doesn't look too shabby and will do until Beta come up with a better quality mudgaurd (which I'm told IS going to happen)