Beta Evo 4t 250/300

fivemeister

How often do you need to adjust / check the valve settings?

What symptoms do you get if they are wrong?

If they are set how do they change?

1. Check several hours from new for bedding in changes then check every 60 hours.

2. Reduced performance / poor starting / increased mechanical wear.

3. They don't change a lot generally, but performance as above can be affected dramatically by even small maladjustments. They can change through use by wear and tear / vibration / general mechanical movement etc.

How often do you need to adjust / check the valve settings?

What symptoms do you get if they are wrong?

If they are set how do they change?

Plug it into your laptop, should down load all the neccessery info.

1. Check several hours from new for bedding in changes then check every 60 hours.

2. Reduced performance / poor starting / increased mechanical wear.

3. They don't change a lot generally, but performance as above can be affected dramatically by even small maladjustments. They can change through use by wear and tear / vibration / general mechanical movement etc.

Thanks Fivemeister :dunce:

Evo 300 4T, has anyone noticed a backfire on over-run (long downhill with throttle shut),

my bike will backfire several times while in over-run but is running well in every other situation.

Edited by JFC

Evo 300 4T, has anyone noticed a backfire on over-run (long downhill with throttle shut),

my bike will backfire several times while in over-run but is running well in every other situation.

Nothing to worry about - common with large capacity 'thumpers' and twins.

Its the ignition of excess unburnt fuel introduced when doing what you describe (and sometimes made worse by an air leak into the exhaust system - like if you had the system apart then didn't seal it properly)

My BMW R1150GS was a bugger for it - scared the bejeesus out of many a blue rinse waiting at the bus stop. :dunce:

Found one to watch with this bike though. The engine breather exits into the bottom of the air box. After a big off and the bike being upside down - then going down a steep hill, my bike began popping and farting all over the place. I later discovered the engine had spat some oil out of the breather into the bottom of the airbox and this must have then been pulled / poured through the carb when going downhill causing the popping and banging. Worth checking if ever you have a big off.

Edited by Fivemeister

Fivemeisters right about the GS, mine was the same - especially with the open Remus can on it - great fun when it happened after an overtake - car didn't know what had happened - my Evo 250 two stroke doesn't do it though - shame :dunce:

Have fun with the Beta

Ade

I Removed the swinging arm and linkage today, lubed all the bearings and reassembled, the results were well worth all the effort (smooooth squeak free action :dunce: ).

It has been mentioned in the beta forum that bearings have been found dry, mine were not dry but needed more grease than I found.

I would love to try one, but living here in the South East they appear to be as rare as hens teeth! Does anyone know of any 'darn sarf'??

Seriously, I am considering one, but without being able to try them then my money is going nowhere at the moment! :blink: