Beta Evo 4t 250/300

fivemeister

From the test I notice they have changed the positioning of the CDI. Its now higher and covering the carb with what appears to be a rubberised shroud.

Does anybody know if this is an official factory mod, or a one-off, or whether all UK 4Ts are now being modded in this way?

Does anybody know if this is an official factory mod, or a one-off, or whether all UK 4Ts are now being modded in this way?

Lampkins - if you really need to know.

It looks like a factory job, but its easy enough to do - just a matter of refastening the mount to a bolt hole at a higher point.

Just checked the valves. Spoke to an owner at the weekend who managed it without disturbing the engine - but I can't imagine how on earth he did it?

I rocked the engine forward in the frame (see picture) exposing valve covers and did the business with the clearances. A bit fiddly and I would recommend getting individual feeler gauges (mine are by WURTH) which you have to modify by bending the ends slightly (again see picture)

Clearances from Lampkins are INLET 0.10 and EXHAUST 0.15 metric.

Anyone not familiar with the procedure can view a tutorial on adv rider website - http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55445

post-1975-1241022371.jpg

post-1975-1241022435.jpg

Edited by Fivemeister

Nice photos, i've done the same since the 07 4-t. The only differance is when it's on the aluminum lift I rock the back of the bike down and with tie downs go from the chain adjusters back to the bottom of the lift legs and then rotate the motor forward. All the specs and info you could ever want on the rev/evo 4-t motor is available in the factory manual.

Just checked the valves. Spoke to an owner at the weekend who managed it without disturbing the engine - but I can't imagine how on earth he did it?

I rocked the engine forward in the frame (see picture) exposing valve covers and did the business with the clearances. A bit fiddly and I would recommend getting individual feeler gauges (mine are by WURTH) which you have to modify by bending the ends slightly (again see picture)

Clearances from Lampkins are INLET 0.10 and EXHAUST 0.15 metric.

Anyone not familiar with the procedure can view a tutorial on adv rider website - http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55445

What did you find, were the clearances out of spec?

• 2 weeks later...

J.Lampkin 7th

Ben Hemingway was 10th

Appear to be the best 4T entries - both on the Evo 4T if I'm not mistaken. Nothing on the Beta UK website or other publicity that i have seen.

Be nice to hear how they went.

Edited by Fivemeister

My dad is thinking of buying an Evo 300 4t, do you think there are deffinatly worth the money?

I know when TMX tested the 300 they said it was the best 4-stroke they have tested, but i want to hear your other views as well.

Cheers.

Ben.

Any signs of trouble starting when hot

Have now done over a dozen trials and I can say that mine starts better than my previous 2T. There's definatly a knack to it, no throttle and a gentle 'push right through' rather than a harsh jabbing - starts like a sewing machine first time most time.

Never have to use the hot start button and on even on the odd occasion its been upside down or on its side when I know its likely to be flooded and difficult (like a 2T would be as well!) I just open the throttle full and kick it through and it barks into life.

• 1 month later...