Beta Evo 4t 250/300

fivemeister

hey,

i've tested the 300 some weeks ago and liked it a lot; chasis and suspension are great

the bike feels light end nimble and gripps good

not so sure about the engine, it seemed a bit flat in low revs, i found it reacts a bit slow when giving it some gas comp. to my sherco 4t

but in total a great bike

not so sure about the engine, it seemed a bit flat in low revs, i found it reacts a bit slow when giving it some gas comp

The bike has duel stage mapping - a relaxed affair for mud etc and a second more immediate aggressive response - at the flick of a switch.

What, they controlled the propulsion of the bike using a small two position rocker switch situated under the tank?

No, but the ability to adapt to different conditions was rider controlled rather than rocker switch, it was part of the fun.

it was part of the fun.

It still is - no less so for the mapping feature which is no different to other major improvements such as better designed suspension, lighter materials, tyre technology et al.....

I also own and ride 80's bikes (240 fantic / ossa MAR) and enjoy them for what they are. I just enjoy riding my duel stage mapped modern bike the mostest.

Edited by Fivemeister

It still is - no less so for the mapping feature which is no different to other major improvements such as better designed suspension, lighter materials, tyre technology et al.....

I just enjoy riding my duel stage mapped modern bike the mostest.

I cant wait for ABS and traction control, some of the other "improvements"

I cant wait for ABS and traction control, some of the other "improvements"

You are just being argumentative, anti modernist and plain luddite. Such issues will always have to be regulated as material and production technology has overtaken most sports (especially motor sports, but generally ANY sport)

Just think of the good old trials tyre - don't you think that one of the manufacturers couldn't have produced a more efficient shape / design / construction if they hadn't been restricted?

Anyway, back to the thread - its about the Beta evo 4T - not a curmudgeonly rant about modern technology.

programmable traction control

Thats not what it is and you know it.

The switch merely alters the engine response characteristics to suit the rider or conditions. Its no different to tweaking your bike with a slow throttle / flywheel weight or ignition timing etc etc. Its something riders have done to their bikes since year dot, except that now technology makes it easier - thats all.

Riders will still have to find traction using their skill, no matter how the bike is set up.

Edited by Fivemeister

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone checked / adjusted the valves yet? I understand that on the REV4 you had to tilt the engine forward - what's the story with the EVO? Anyone have clearance spec?

Sure looks like there is more room, with the EVO. At least enough to get to the exhaust side, maybe.