Sacrilage!

wayne_weedon

Just spotted this.

Why oh why do this to a Bultaco 199B? link

I'm stunned! Seeing as a nice 199B made 2500 gbp on evilbay recently I'm wondering what this will make now. Nowhere near the value of an unbutchered 340 I'm sure, but you can never tell.

I guess he could started with just a frame and running gear as its not got the correct tank.

Wayne...

Edited by wayne_weedon

The mod could have done in the early '80's when bults were plentiful. Pundit picks up a shagged 198 and slips an 'umph motor into it to have a blast at more traditional trials.

It sounds odd now but at the time it just seemed like a good idea. How many chopped Brough superiors are there out there?

hey,

strange bike color is not verry nice

looks like a verry heavy engine to close to the front wheel better left the bultaco like it was (just my idea) but if someony enjoyd bilding it and riding it why not

regards bob

We all do crazy things I guess, it just got to me because I'm so passionate about Bultaco's. I suppose it's one less now which makes own own B models even scarcer :D:

Doesn't help that whoever did it chose to ruin one of the most desirable/rarest Bultaco's out there. I have got a M49 Sherpa here which has had the frame cut about in an unsuccessful attempt to fit a British 4 Stroke engine, I bought it like that mainly because the frame had a log book, plus I paid peanuts for it, 45 pounds I recall. But that's a much more common chassis.

Wayne....

Perhaps a question to seek the frame number is in order ;) My 199B frame and swingarm is off to the blasters today and all tagged up so they don't lose it or mistakenly send it elsewhere It's happened in the past!! Well not permanently!

update: well they didn't have time to lose it! Dropped it off at noon, picked it up all done at 3pm.

Wayne..

Edited by wayne_weedon