Sidecars In Action!

hop blip and a jump

Who are the current sidecar Champs in UK. Is there a World Champ series in either the UK or Europe ?

Anyone have any footage of current worlds best in action.

Current British Champions are Jon Tuck / Matt Sparkes (Beta).

There isn't a world or european championship at present. For a few years in the 90's there was an FIM Coupe that was always won by riders from the UK.

I think 1996 was last time it was run and Robin Luscombe won it & me and my wife were secend.

Last time we rode in France was about 3 or 4 years ago and the Pernoud brothers on the Sherco in the video were our closest rivals but I think we loast abour 20 & they were on about 50.

Most riders in the british championship do the front wheel hopping, it's not that difficult.

Hi Guy's

Hi Ham2.

A Sidecar, or Chair, is the right answer. This then makes it an Outfit,

Regard's Charlie.

OOOH, you got me with your hand-bag there Charlie....anyway it just looks to me like two men want to go into the woods/moors for a cuddle. ;)

• 3 months later...

check these out..!

I cant believe how they hopped the front of that sherco accross!!!!

The last of those Video's I made some years ago. I am riding that outfit on Sunday at the Peter Sparkes Sidecar Trophy Day and we have 10 sidecars entered so far.

• 3 weeks later...

Even though you don't agree with putting a sidecar on a trials bike you must respect the ability to ride one so well.

Isn't it a bit like line dancing, you can see its a skill but always come back to, why? Bit like people under 55 riding pre 65's, why?

Isn't it a bit like line dancing, you can see its a skill but always come back to, why? Bit like people under 55 riding pre 65's, why?

I didn't have much respect or admiration(at the time) for what has become pre 65, but now really enjoy the sight, sound and smell of a bygone era.

Line dancing ? Is that a drug reference ?

• 1 month later...