Mota/trials Inc. Event! April 4th + 5th

Ok so I don't know about the rest of you but I am done with winter. You too huh? Well if your any where in the upper mid west you need to check out one of the first events of the season.

April 4th and 5th in New Paris Indiana is going to be a blow out event.

We are having a combined Michigan Ontario Trials Association and Trails incorporated event!

TI lost some property and Super SAM is prepared for them to join us michiganders in what will be a great event.

Last year we didn't expect 100+ riders and a couple hundred spectators but we held true and it was an awesome time.

This year should be close to the same number since TI and Mota are combining forces to put on one awesome event.

So here's the deal and the websites.

Flyer and directions are here.

You can sign up ahead of time at the TI website if you are in their data base and remember your rider number. (i forgot mine woops)

No preregistration is required and Mota guys apparently we are using TI's computer system for scoring so it should be much quicker for us this year.

For SAM's website you can go here.

There are some video's up there from last year. Hotels are near by and rustic camping is on site. Space is limited so get there early for the prime spots.

Currently the conditions in New Paris are windy and super SAM gave an inside tip that a bob cat is being used heavily to move some newly downed trees. He is also preparing for a large riding crowd so sections should flow different this year. SAM is his user name on here so PM him or visit any one of the websites if you have any questions. If he does not answer then let me know and i will get the answer for you.

Hope to see you all there! LETS GET OUT AND RIDE!!!!

--Biff

Edited by biffsgasgas

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Sam,

It's my busy time, but I am sure thinking about finding a way to go.

Since it is a TI event as well as MOTA- if a rider signs up and pays for both TI and MOTA can they accrue points for both series?

I have 2009 SR A points at TI, so would that be the MOTA SR line or the MOTA Sportsman line?

Class breakdown,

MOTA= TI:

EXPERT = CHAMP/EXPERT

ADVANCE =ADVANCE

SPORTSMAN =SPORTSMAN

INTERMEDIATE/SENIOR =INTERMEDIATE/SENIOR A

NOVICE/VINTAGE A =NOVICE/VINTAGE/SENIOR

BEGINNER/VINTAGE B

YOUTH =YOUTH A

YOUTH B

OPEN

I'm adding another piece of property, loop will be at least one mile longer.

Expert and Advance sections will be much shorter, this was the main reason the event took so long on Saturday Last year. Also, we will use TI's scoring computer, this will be fun to see lap scores/standings and save time at the end of the day adding up points!

I do not expect any Exhibition riders, If I'm contacted that one will show, then I will add a line for them.

sam

Edited by Sam

Sam, I got a bulk email out to the TI members last night. I think you'll get a great turnout for this event. I'll be bringing the TI scoring computer with me so hopefully it will make signup a little more automated. Do you think you could get many MOTA riders to email me their info so I could pre-register them and at least have their scorecards printed before the event? I could give you the parameters of information I need. It would definitely help the signup girls because the quickness of computerized signup flies out the door when they have to enter a bunch of new riders. Let me know and I could post the parameters I need on here or email them to you.

Also, I see you have spoken about class conversions between MOTA & TI. Please be very clear before anyone rides what line EVERYONE should be riding. I guess you are easing up on the MOTA classes, because I heard all TI riders rode down a class last year. This is the only thing I see as a problem and it concerns me because I hate manually adjusting series points...

Let me know if there is anything else I can do.

Phil.

First, I would like to say a HUGE THANK YOU to Super Sam for the use of his property.

Secondly, I think the cooperation between MOTA and TI for this event is truly great.

Thirdly, Yes watching Biff ride is definitely an Exhibition!!! ;)

Last year was great fun and I believe the Michiana Club (I think Sam was the only member) did an excellent job with sections and handling the unexpectedly HUGE turnout.

This year with planning ahead for a HUGE turnout and with using the TI computer scoring I am certain that the Michiana club (well I think it is still just Sam) will pull off an awesome event.

It does sound like there will be a mess of "behind the scenes" stuff, sign up, scoring, computer glitches, etc.... that the rest of us may never see but I say thank you to those that have to deal with that to make a fun event for us.

Hey Sam was that enough butt kissing to earn a few cleans????? ;)

Phil,

I think posting the parameters here on TC is the best way to reach MOTA for sign up, Biff and others can pass on the word.

The sections will be totally different for Advance and Expert from last year, shorten with obstacles of less severity.

Once again, If you drive a big rig please arrive on Friday night if possible, if not, call me so I can save space.

Parking is on gravel base and I will provide bike wash area.

With out a doubt in my mind, there will be 100 riders!

Just wanted to wish everyone an awesome event!!! If I did not already have 2 events at one day and flights were cheaper and Scorpa was a carry-on and... I'd love to come and play with you! ;) But anyways, I'll think of which one of my events I'm gonna ride (ene mene Scorpa go, take the checker by his toe, if he cleans then let him go, ene mene mine moe) and cross my fingers for an fr... fu... awesome event at Sam's property!!!

Sam, I got a bulk email out to the TI members last night. I think you'll get a great turnout for this event. I'll be bringing the TI scoring computer with me so hopefully it will make signup a little more automated. Do you think you could get many MOTA riders to email me their info so I could pre-register them and at least have their scorecards printed before the event? I could give you the parameters of information I need. It would definitely help the signup girls because the quickness of computerized signup flies out the door when they have to enter a bunch of new riders. Let me know and I could post the parameters I need on here or email them to you.

Also, I see you have spoken about class conversions between MOTA & TI. Please be very clear before anyone rides what line EVERYONE should be riding. I guess you are easing up on the MOTA classes, because I heard all TI riders rode down a class last year. This is the only thing I see as a problem and it concerns me because I hate manually adjusting series points...

Let me know if there is anything else I can do.

Phil.

Phil PM me your email address and i will make sure that i send an email out to all mota members and cc you on it or just email me at biffscell@yahoo.com. I am PM'ing you my cell number.

Sam i can take care of this part. For those who dont have an email address i will call using the mota book. got it taken care of bro :guinness:

--Biff

Sam / Biff,

I threw together this signup page for MOTA riders to use to signup for the New Paris event. Please do your best to have everyone you think will show up use this signup page. It will help tremendously on Saturday morning if we have this done. Let me know if you need anything else from me.

CLICK HERE for MOTA signup

Thanks,

Phil.

Sam / Biff,

I threw together this signup page for MOTA riders to use to signup for the New Paris event. Please do your best to have everyone you think will show up use this signup page. It will help tremendously on Saturday morning if we have this done. Let me know if you need anything else from me.

CLICK HERE for MOTA signup

Thanks,

Phil.

Awesome Phil! I just signed up and noticed only one thing.

Our class structure is

youth

beginer

novice

intermediate

sr

sportsman

advance

expert

I will make sure that they sign up as expert for mota expert and not champ

I will make sure that they sign up as youth b for beginner class

All of the rest seem to fall into place. Thanks again man that really rocks!

--Biff

I signed up on the linked page but it doesn't reflect MOTA classes. I signed on as senior A as per Sam's conversion but I can see people messing this up. Is it hard to change classes on your confuser on event day if they need to?

Craig

You should also know that MOTA rules allow any rider to sign up for any class at the event. Food for thought. Some people ride down a class if the weather is nasty..... did I say that out loud? Of course Sam has ordered great weather!

Craig

No worries on changing classes and such at the event. The main purpose for the pre-signup was to have all your data in the database beforehand. Otherwise the signup person has to type in all the information you just did that morning. It really creates a logjam when there are a lot of new riders to have to type in that information. Once its all in, everything is a snap. Please spread the word so we can get everyone in the database.

Thanks,

Phil.