4rt - 2nd Mortgage?

jam

Not relating to Monts or bikes, but an analogy of how things are going. I bought some Spanish-made oak doors last August for a kitchen revamp. Visited supplier on Monday to see if they were still available to put elsewhere in house and price increase was ridiculous. Guy said it wasn't down to them, or even the Spanish and the Pound/Euro exchange rate, but the fact they deal in dollars and the pound has gone totally tits-up against the dollar. Montesa are owned by Honda and Honda like most globals deal in dollars.

I know working for a Yank corporation based in the UK our prices are jumping big time soon due to the poor exchange rate. :rolleyes:

If you look at the overall picture, whatever you do financially, the world is in a right mess. But on the other hand if you want a new car its the time to buy according to the papers. for example, a new 08 Vectra SRI diesel for

Edited by jam

Doesn't help my cause to find a cheap 2nd hand 4rt, they're holding value well it seems. I'm guessing high new prices are discouraging people from selling.

Edited by tt5th

The price of the 4RT is going to keep the price of the second hand ones higher, which is good news for all those people who currently own one but not good for those considering buying a new one.

Its a shame the UK is no longer a manufacturing and exporting nation as the week pound is a benefit.

I've been watching the currency rates, as I am paid in sterling but live in Dubai. When I arrived in Jan 08 it was 7 dirhams to a pound now its around 5.4 and has even been below 5. Good news is that the pound is expected to grow stronger towards the end of the year and forecast is for the euro to drop.

Good point Scorpa3!

Correct me if Im wrong, but I dont think we see the price of road bikes going up when the value of the pound falls....mmmm...food for thought.

Of course, the road bike scene is a bigger market, but personally I think we dont really get such good value for money on a new trials bike. Have any of you looked closely at the 125cc R1 lookalike..(sorry dont know what its called)...but thats a serious piece of kit, and I THINK it costs somewhere between 2 and 3 grand on the road!

I wish I could afford a new 4rt, but I also think even if I could Id be reluctant to spend that much on something Im gonna keep crashing :rolleyes:

The price of the 4RT is going to keep the price of the second hand ones higher.

Are you sure about that.The price of a secondhand 4RT might stay up but will it sell.We're all in no mans land at the moment.A seller of a second hand 4RT put's it to sell for

We all know the true value of our elected representatives !

Ha ha ha,hows it said,i would'nt even give them the dripping from my dick.

What amazes me is when Thatcher took us into a down turn job's and house's lost there was riot's this does'nt seem to be the case for Brown and Co.The British people have become soft me think's.

Edited by bilc0