Need Urgent Help!

doogzie

:rolleyes: just bought a new bike and when i got it home foud out it had no fifth gear and the previous owner wouldnt take it back is there an easy way to try and fix this please help Doogzie Edited by Doogzie

:rolleyes: just bought a new bike and when i got it home foud out it had no fifth gear and the previous owner wouldnt take it back is there an easy way to try and fix this please help Doogzie

Name and shame who sold it.

Dougie, you got MSN or AIM? If so PM me your address and I'll talk you through what needs to be done... Could be quite simple, or, on the other hand could be pretty damn hard!

Also, as said above, they have a legal obligation to take it back, you should know that with your dad's history...

Good luck!

Has any one got advice about how i could fix the problem because i havent got any clues many thanks for the replies Doogzie :rolleyes:

i'd like to know what the symtoms are? how is it changing through the gears? have you changed the oil since you discovered the problem, is there any metal bits? how was the bike when you tried it out before you bought it? sherco trannies are generally pretty solid.

cheers

when i bought the bike i wasn't able to try the bike out because the seller was staying on a street and as i am only 14 couldn't ride it on the road to test the bike. when i first got the bike home the first 4 gears were smooth to change before moving it into fifth and getting netural. i havent changed the oil yet as it was a local sale and have seen the bike in the past up in the trails club but will do as soon as possible. still feeling stupid for not counting the gears in the sellers garage :rotfl:

thanks for the reply Doogzie

Edited by Doogzie

Sorry I don't have msn you could send me a pm and I will give you my phone number. I know the bike was sold as seen but when dad asked if it needed any work or if there was anything wrong they said it waz all ok and being local lads he believed em. and no George wasnt the seller he's a good egg. I

I know 5th gear isn't used much but usually when one gear goes the rest soon follow.

cheers please give me a ring.

Cam Lawrie? If so ill give him a buzz and have a wee word for you!

How does it feel as your going through the rest of the gears? Checked oil? If not drain it and run a magnet over it, see if theres any metal in there!

How was the bike before the gear went? was it ok? Have you dropped it? Cmon Dougs, give us some more info!

If the shift lever is mounted one spline too high, the lever hasn't enough movement to get fifth before it stops on the engine case, try taking it off and moving it down one spline.

:dunce: just bought a new bike and when i got it home foud out it had no fifth gear and the previous owner wouldnt take it back is there an easy way to try and fix this please help Doogzie

well hes got to take it back because he has given you a bike that is faulty and he probably new about it