Mota Event (bent Fenders)

zippy

MOTA (Michigan-Ontario Trials Association) next event is being put on by the Bent Fenders club May 3rd.

Bent Fender trials info.

The club property is a bit on the small side, but this makes it VERY spectator Friendly. We also try our best to utilize what land we have to make a loop that reduces lines.

Edited by ZIPPY

Just as an add on here with some sneek previews.

1 new section across the creek. (dont fall in the sink hole!)

1 new teeter totter

Of course mud but shouldnt be any logs in it this time (can you not touch the ground? Thats the test!)

I have improved the ramp section for the experts. (spectacular jumps are fun)

Should be a fun event. Zippy I wont be there this weekend. Something has come up and you will see it more about that here soon.

--Biff

Sink Holes, Mud, Teeter Totter, Ramps and spectacular jumps? Man you guys know how to sell an event.

I'm sure it will be fun. Thanks ahead of time for the work involved and we will see you on Sunday!

So it sounds like it might be a good idea to add some blue RTV to your ignition covers! :blink:

So it sounds like it might be a good idea to add some blue RTV to your ignition covers! :blink:

It might be best...

The weather looks good for the weekend.

I don't want to mislead here so the experts will have logs in the mud.

To the rider who finds my flip flop that i lost in there last year will come a free cleaning of a bike after the event...

--Biff

It might be best...

The weather looks good for the weekend.

I don't want to mislead here so the experts will have logs in the mud.

To the rider who finds my flip flop that i lost in there last year will come a free cleaning of a bike after the event...

--Biff

Hey Biff, maybe the crocodile in the swamp had to eat your FlipFlop so it wouldnt't starve to death when no Trials riders were available :huh:

(no,before anyone gets scared: There was the idea of the swamp section 2 years ago and well, we thought that it was a nice idea to put a tiny croc in te swamp for the event- the sort of stuffed play thingy, not a monster that eats trials riders for breakfast!!!) :blink:

Hope everyone has an awesome event @ Bent Fenders, it's a small, but nice property!!! Have fun!!!

Zippy, you're well enough to walk, build sections and check yet?

FanticMatze Posted Yesterday, 04:27 PM

Zippy, you're well enough to walk, build sections and check yet?

I am walking very well now, still need to see the Doc for follow up appointment....So I have not been given the "All Clear" yet.

I will be able to be an observer.........All I do is sit on my :moon: in a chair all day and watch people ride.

Not so sure about "Building" anything yet......I can put up ribbon and markers, on flat ground anyway. (don't want to try climbing hills yet)

But life is good............Should be back to riding soon, (soon is subjective and dependent on when the Mrs. will allow me :wall: )

Thanks for the event guys. Everything was easily rideable for the top guys and the rest of us could get thru it all as well. I seemed to have aquired 30 lbs of mud on my bike somehow??

You gonna want that back?? Riding cloths have to hit the hose before they are allowed in the house I am told. I think the Beta needs a mud

flap hanging down or something? :moon: the day made the beer taste better also!

Poor Sam was the only one in my section who went down in the swamp! He was one of the last ones through and just motocrossed his way into the thing. Got to the first birtch log and went down. The bike stayed above but he fell in that nasty stuff. Poor guy. I am glad every one had fun. We are thinking about putting on a lower class school. Beg, Nov and intermediate. More to come on that as we lay out a circulium and a plan. I loved the log jump! Made me feel like a star and i wasnt even competing.

--Biff

post-712-1241467628.jpg

Don Posted Yesterday, 10:13 PM

You got my bike dirty...............

I am quite certain I know where most of the dirty I mean mud came from.....................Section One that just did not want to dry out and got worse as the day went on. That section had many many many 3's in all classes, I don't think anyone actually liked that section but everyone thought it was a challenge, and nobody threatened to hurt me :wall: so was a good day for me the Observer. :moon:

I did have one Gentleman go for a swim in the mud, front tire went into a hole and he just laid over into the watery muck, and he just started Laughing.

It was well worth it for me to stand and sit out there all day and watch everyone ride.

Boy, you guys are making it hard on us for the next event.... first Sam does a great event in Indiana and a repeat at Bent Fenders. Deb was sooooo excited to place in INT for the first time. Matt had a ball with that EXP jump Biff. Hope Metro can pull off as good a deal as we've had so far. Thanks for all your hard work guys, it was big time fun (even if #1 was a swamp).

Craig