Nord Vue Venue

pancho247

Hello,

Just wondering what people thought about Nord Vue. is it the 1st time world trials has been held there?

I have never been there but I am going up to watch this weekend. I have been to hawkstone before, how does nord vue compare and what type of sections are we likely too see.

I have some people from work coming with me who have never seen trials before and asking what type of terrain it is. They are a little scepticle with it being a slow motorsport but im sure they will be amazed with what they see

The Nord Vue venue is based around an old sandstone quarry and the terrain is largely rocky! The sections feature huge boulders and slabs, Vertical steps, steep banks and roots. There are parts which are quite technical and area's where power and courage will be required. There are also a couple of quite scary jump off's and a huge tree stump all of 12ft high......Very spectacular and very accessible for spectators.

Graham Jarvis has designed the course and used his experience to provide a wide mix of sections that will test the worlds best riders... Your friends will be amazed at what these guys can do!! A Giant TV screen will also replay the action throughout the weekend.

Have a look on www.britishtrialgp.com and select 'galleries'...If you click on a picture it will open a sub gallery some of which show actual pictures at last years British Experts which was the first time the venue has been used for a major Trial. Lampkin, Dabill, Brown , Morris etc all feature in the pics. Also there are some shots of section building in progress.

The venue will certainly provide a serious test of skill for riders and provide great entertainment for fans whether they are World Championship regulars or totally new to the sport.

Gary

Trial Co-ordinator

Edited by gbingley

Just wondering if Gary could give us an idea on how big the lap is? Is it an easy walk round?

I believe Gary is slowly going demented so may not respond :P

I'm told you can walk the entire lap in 15 minutes :o

Hello Guys,

Just home from a long day sorting out final bits and pieces.... Sections all finished, Tapes up, banners etc well in hand. Need a few more tomorrow...But it looks great.

It has been suggested that the venue may suit the Europeans but all aspects of bike control and skill will be tested as there are 3rd gear climbs and steps to compliament 'some big boulder sections' in the quarry. A damp surface will make it tougher in places but would not change things too much! In fact Doug seemed to revel in the sections at the British Experts so lets hope he can go for it at the weekend. Dibs and Browny will go well on this terrain without question!

Anyway to answer the question.... It will take 10 mins or so to walk up the hill and then five minutes to section 1. After that you can choose your direction and there are points in the quarry from which you could see at least 5 sections.

If you were to follow an early youth rider around the whole lap you could see every section without having a heart attack. The riders will cover between 1.5 and 2 kilometers per lap. If you are not feeling energetic sit still, have a beer and watch the action on the big screen with commentary from Mr Kershaw!

Gary

All the best for the weekend, hope we get some sun! :rotfl:

Not that i wish to be the bearer of bad news but the met office have rain forcast for the next four days in Carlisle, just hope there wrong (it has been known).

Should still be an amazing weekend though.

Not that i wish to be the bearer of bad news but the met office have rain forcast for the next four days in Carlisle, just hope there wrong (it has been known).

Should still be an amazing weekend though.

Oh Goody

just completed the ssdt, all I need now is another two days of rain

well, back on with the Gore Tex :rotfl:

Oh Goody

just completed the ssdt, all I need now is another two days of rain

well, back on with the Gore Tex :rotfl:

fraid so chaps....It doesn't look that brilliant a weekend, Saturday much better than Sunday though.

Saturday: 12-14 degrees, wind SW 20-25mph, cloudy, patchy rain. Worst of Saturdays rain comes overnight so pretty soggy underfoot.

Pic is for 1300 on Saturday afternoon,

(the grayscale background is cloud, the whiter the colour the thicker the cloud (it's based on temperature), circles is our symbol for rain, the V's showers, colour v's and circles is amounts of rain blue up to 5mm, green up to 20mm in a six hour period, size of the v's and circles the intensity, bigger means heavier basically.)

Sunday: 13-15 degrees, wind SW 25-30mph, cloudy, band of fairly heavy rain moving in from the southwest, 20 to 25mm of rain in parts of Lancashire and Cumbria......could almost be Fort William

[

Pic is for 1300 on Sunday afternoon,

Aye well we need something to do on nights......

Jammy sods in Carlisle, That big rain band has dwindled away to practically nothing bar a fairly hefty shower or two.....

Which turned to nothing till the trial was over and peps were on there way home.