'09 Raga

beatabeta

Ive taken a look at one and looked at the spec sheet, looks to me like it has tonnes more than the old ones did? it may not have the Ohlins shock but there is alot more other stuff to compensate.

at the end of the day, GasGas are a business, they can charge whatever they want, they arent forcing anyone to buy it. In the end it will be the customer who decides whether or not they are being ripped off and ultimatly whether or not to buy it.

If the list of Mod's isnt for you, id be tempted to spend the

2009's wake up call is the real cost of new bikes..

you get a lot of bike for your 4300 and a fantastic bike for 5300 some are asking 7k. these are the worlds ultimate trials motorcycles yours is very similer to the one that raga lampkin ride. what other sport can boast that.

they are all imported so distribution costs are not low. add the poor value of the pund ( been on hoilday to france/ spain recently) add protected spanish italian french employment laws

and you have a niche market where costs are not going to fall.. only rise ( despite negative inflation)

you can now though buy other serious stuff for 7k and this is where trials manufacturers will start to lose out as thier product becomes price comparable with a new car, performance road bikes etc..

what price a motoircycle scrappge scheme.. i'd be first in the queue for a brand new bike with two k off...

• 2 weeks later...

I also think that there are two types of people who buy the Raga Rep, The ones who feel the modifications already on it will benefit their riding and would have only gone out and bought the parts at a greater cost anyway (the minority), and the type who just have got to have the best production bike, and to anyone who loves 2-strokes, the Raga rep is it. The latter rider is usually buying a bike that is built for riders far beyond their capabilities and will never realise the bikes full potential and are usually the sort who are willing to pay for the top bike. If I was trying to pull back some profit, this group of people would be the ones I would target.

Hit the nail there Tombo, I'm part of the latter group.

I drooled all over it at the SSDT stand, totally gorgeous. Would I pay the extra - yes - if I had the money then why not. Would it help my riding compared to a standard one - no, not one bit. Why would I pay the extra ? Quite simply - because I like it. Isn't that why most people buy things?

GJ :thumbup:

As has been said... it's what it's worth to people... I mean who in their right mind pays 1000's for a watch when a 10 quid Casio does the same job :thumbup: . The main thing is that the customer wants it! If so then they buy it and hopefully enjoy it.

It certainly looks nice! There is nowt wrong with having the best. And as Tombo46 says GG are not forcing anybody to buy it! The truth is that virtually everyone who has to buy a bike isn't good enough to get the most out of them.... Those who are get them for nowt.

Most of us end up spending money on big engine bikes and then more on tuning them down (flywheel weights slow action throttles etc.) then we go out and find that they still drag us all over the place..... great isn't it! Now I'm not sure if this is true, but I've heard that a true Raga Replica would be unrideable by mortals

5k plus is still a fair bit of dosh to throw at rocks...even if it has a red cylinder head!

Hit the nail there Tombo, I'm part of the latter group.

I drooled all over it at the SSDT stand, totally gorgeous. Would I pay the extra - yes - if I had the money then why not. Would it help my riding compared to a standard one - no, not one bit. Why would I pay the extra ? Quite simply - because I like it. Isn't that why most people buy things?

GJ :(

Great! so basically the message to GG and GGUK is - so long as it looks nice with some different shiny stickers and some extra parts on please charge me

When a bike is the best, who cares what it costs. You can even find ways to personalise your Raga but no matter how much money you spend on a non Raga it will never be a RAGA.

Very nice bike you have there mate, have you got a carbon silencer fitted to it.

Edited by GasGasben

They Need to make money some how!!, try to get hold of some of the parts used on the New raga rep, have you actually seen the spec difference between a standard & a Raga

Yea seen the spec and it's good, looks awesome too and have no problems with GG wanting to make money - they are in business after all.

My point is that I cant see where GG or GGUK have come up with that price - apart from the fact that GGUK will no doubt use the 'exchange rates' excuse.

Whats the betting that when the exhange rates get back in line that the prices dont drop too quickly.....

PLUS when the rates do get better paying