Can Someone Post Up Some Detailed Brake Bleeding Instructions

blackrandomapple

have you checked the bleed nipple is clean? know it sounds daft but i couldn't get mine to bleed all it was a bit of crap in the bleed nipple, also have you backed the adjuster right off?

I have tried with a syring, tried every possible way i think, I have bought a bleed kit from halfords it consists of 2 pieces of pipe and a one way valve but not sure im using it correctly as there are no instructions, Has anyone tried a one way valve?!? How does it work?

Regards

Try tapping the brake hose with a screw drivers handle as this helps the air bubbles to work their way up the hose. Lean the bike to the left as this makes the top length of hose continue to run uphill as the hose when the bike is upright the hose tends to be flat or even dip down to the master cylinder. Whilst tapping pump the brake lever.

Okay, i have nearly done it but it still aint quite right,

The brake now works quite well but i still have to use 2 fingers and squeeze hard

Before i took it apart all i needed was one finger and ill be over the handle bars

As it is im not sure i will be able to get used to it :wacko:

Okay, i have nearly done it but it still aint quite right,

The brake now works quite well but i still have to use 2 fingers and squeeze hard

Before i took it apart all i needed was one finger and ill be over the handle bars

As it is im not sure i will be able to get used to it :wacko:

The syringe should do the job to be honest. Be brave and open the bleed nipple plenty so you get good flow, and if you feel like it still has air take off the bars and hang up over night then push last bit of air through.

should get a "squirt back" in the reservoir if working properly.

A big syringe is essential. And lots of fluid.

Well I for one am intrigued about this 'tool'. I've struggled for hours doing it the old fashioned way and can still never get ALL the air out. Please post up a few photos and bit of a description as it may save a lot of hair pulling!!

cheers.