Brake Pedal 4rt

scott_king

Hey all,

Snapped my standard montesa 4rt brake pedal yesterday on a big tree stump. Just wondering if anyone can recommend a after-market replacement or should i just buy an OEM one as in all fairness it has taken some hard hits without bending or breaking until now.

Thanks in advance

I got one of these for my 315, but it is supposed to fit 4RT as well:

http://www.lewisportusa.com/Images/vmar/vm...rakepedal_1.jpg

It is about halfway down this page, along with some other aftermarket brake pedals:

http://www.lewisportusa.com/parts_montesa.htm

The Vmar was quite expensive, but works very well. So far I really like the feel of it, and it tucks in nicely out of harm's way.

Scott,

TEC-Cycles here is So. Cal has a great replacement break pedal that my son has been unable to break over the last year. :wacko:

It's just the right length and has a folding tip, and roller bearing mount. It's $145.00 but well worth the price.

www.tec-cycles.com

Regards,

Rich

We use the aftermarket Apico brake lever, cheap as chips so it doesn't matter if you knock a few off, especially if anyone is doing the SSDT. Rocks are a bit of a hazard!

Big John

You can of course fit a Clake and not bother with the rear brake pedal at all.

I've used a H&D one, a Sherco one & a standard pedal. I'd rate them in that order.

Standard one is soft as **** & bends very easily, the further it bends the less back brake you have. I've also snapped several.

Sherco Pedal is a straight fit & is good to use, very compact, I never bent or broke one. Downside is there's no upward bump stop, an upward knock & the pedal hits the casing, I never did any damage on my bike but I didn't fancy doing an SSDT with one on.

H&D Racing pedal is the dogs B*****ks & well worth the money. Compact & hidden away but easy to find with your toe end. Wish I'd thought to try it on the Gasser instead of flogging it.

Please note this in not an advert for Marky Boy's products :D:wacko: But the pedal is bloody good.