Gasser Or Beta.

jonny5

Hi

am toying with the idea of trading the beta 250 in and getting a gasser 300,want some more power and and fancy a change,looking at something around 06-07. dont no much about gassers so any input from those wiser than me would be much appreciated. cheers

Hi

I have a Raga rep 300 05 model and its great,very light and easy to ride and parts supply in the uk is excellent :D i have had a go on a few other bikes but they dont compare to the gasser.

Edited by 16000rpm

I've an 09 300. I reckon it's GG's best engine, so smooth & linear.

They are very tune-able too. In both directions - You can get an extra flywheel, low comp head etc for doddery old giffers like me.

Or go to Raga spec & see if you can really hack it!

Gas Gas riders will say buy a gasser and Beta riders will say buy a Beta , try to find a local club and see if you can arrange a ride on both bikes as trials types are a friendly bunch.No matter which bike you buy you will have a great time on it as its all about fun and having a go :wacko:

The rev 3 has a real different feel to a gasser. The evo is very similar to a gasser to ride, cc excepted.

Rode the 290 Evo back in the spring and it was a powerhouse! But been soo long since I was on a 300 Gasser I have really forgotton as a good comparison. Seems I recall the Gasser being gentler than the Beta as the revs build. The Evo just seemed to pull like a freight train through the revs. Bit too much for me, thank you. Oh very rideable though. But not a bike one wants to get a weak right wrist on when tired. About one sudden 1/4 turn burst of throttle at the wrong time on that one can put you to the moon! :wacko:

Funny, I knew this would happen. My bud just got the 09 Raga replica 300. Sweet bike, nothing bad to say. And yes, the Gasser's pull harder out of the box then the Beta's, even the 290 evo. I had my rev3 270 for 2 years of hard trail ridding and never had to do anything besides oil changes and new tires. I've heard of and seen the work people have had to do with some of the new gassers. Finicky little stuff, but stuff that shouldn't of broke or cracked etc. Both great bikes, but I think the Beta is a better built bike. Just my opinion.

I had 5 Betas, followed by 3 Gassers. All ridden a lot & in some of the more interesting trials.

Both marques needed same maintenance, both equally reliable & durable.

The Beta's I had had thin stickers that needed replacement a couple of times a year.

They are better on the new bikes now.

I'm a relative novice,

But if I can add my little bit,

I have spent at least 8 hours on a Beta 250 REV 3 and now two fun trials and two play sesions on a Gasgas 250 (so about the same amount of starts n stops)

Biggest problem for me was the left foot kick start on the Beta

R's

NLL

Just changed my 07 gasser 250 for a 08 200 rev3 . I have had more problems with the beta in 8 weeks than i have had with my last 3 gassers IMHO i think the build quality of the gasser is better ! What you will notice is the beta has a much smaller turning circle . I will be going back to a gasser next year :wacko: