Is Sherco A French Company?

sectionone

I think this is why french courts have stopped Adrien Prato from selling all but one model Xispa as I heard it told. The two guys who (one assumes) own the company were regulars in ssdt dammned if I can remember thier names though.

Maybe the confusion is that they are Catalans, and they speak a kind of Spanish French!

As for the graphics etc, the factory is quite close to Barcelona a city that is famous for design and style.

I think its a French company, their website says Sherco S.A.R.L which is a type of limited company used in a number of countries which don't include Spain, see Wikipedia SARL if its to be be believed.

Further evidence should it be needed that they are French is the bikes tendency to run backwards occasionally :thumbup:

Maybe the confusion is that they are Catalans, and they speak a kind of Spanish French!

As for the graphics etc, the factory is quite close to Barcelona a city that is famous for design and style.

Don't let a Catalan hear you say that! It's a language.

Sherco is a French company. S.A.R.L

Anyone that has visited the "Factory" in Spain/Cataluna soon realises that this is not the main Factory. It is a small "trials only" assembly facility. Many parts are sourced in Spain so it could classify as "Made in Spain".

French or Spanish? Who cares? It's a good company. They have come a long way in a short time. Good on them.

Andreu Codina is long gone from Sherco.

Prato got screwed in the Xispa deal.

It was clever marketing to let people think that it was a Spanish trials bike, which could be argued. Just like the use of Bultaco brand name in the early years was clever marketing.

Paxau and his comp shop are Catalan. So R&D does happen there as well.

Prato got screwed in the Xispa deal... tell us more.

And of course...Penso que Shercos siguin molt amables de conduir!

I don't mean that he got screwed by Xispa, but rather that he got screwed when the French government prevented him from selling them. Didn't know that he could sell one model.