2010 Sherco Pictures

billycraig

motodaz Posted Yesterday, 03:27 PM

QUOTE (Slapshot 3 @ Jul 31 2009, 07:49 PM) *

Am I the only one who thought 'new gasser'?

From what I have heard isn't it their norm to copy GasGas? :thumbup:

thespikeyone Posted Today, 11:15 AM

Is it just me or have sherco bitched and moaned about xispa making copies of their bike, and now they go and copy the new greeves!!!!!!!

I was waiting for that one. :crying:

Even with all the ribbing (taking the p***) I like my Sherco very Much!!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK sherco have managed to stop water getting in the air box by moving it to where the tank used to be , but how will they now stop water getting in the fuel tank ???

phil

Ummm... I cant quite tell if your joking?

The tank, unlike the airbox is a sealed unit with no need for big openings to let air/water/mud in.

I like the bike, may be tempted with one... wonder what colour those wheels will be? DID rims maybe? There must be something special for them to be blanked out. The airbox-carb-engine setup's gonna be odd aswell, as the flow will be vertical, not horizontal?

copemech Posted Today, 11:05 AM

QUOTE (Pistonbroke @ Aug 2 2009, 08:53 AM) *

OK sherco have managed to stop water getting in the air box by moving it to where the tank used to be , but how will they now stop water getting in the fuel tank ???

phil

What do you think the pump is for? ohmy.gif

Copie, It Depends on the suction provided by the pump..................I got some ideas. :thumbup:

Edited by ZIPPY

Ummm... I cant quite tell if your joking?

The tank, unlike the airbox is a sealed unit with no need for big openings to let air/water/mud in.

I like the bike, may be tempted with one... wonder what colour those wheels will be? DID rims maybe? There must be something special for them to be blanked out. The airbox-carb-engine setup's gonna be odd aswell, as the flow will be vertical, not horizontal?

I think I got you hook,line and sinker. Just my warped sense of humour I'm afraid !

I talked to the rathmells today, they said they hope they will cost the same as the current bikes but a definate price will be given in september and they should be unveiled at the tdn in september. I was also told the first few will be here by end of november/early december.

I talked to the rathmells today, they said they hope they will cost the same as the current bikes but a definate price will be given in september and they should be unveiled at the tdn in september. I was also told the first few will be here by end of november/early december.

That'll be january then?

For Sherco to make such changes without proper development would be unthinkable. I still think the whole Greeves thing was just a front for development! How else does Greeves majically appear up with Sherco motors. How many they sold at that price? Anyone seen one?

Boggles the mind! :thumbup:

For Sherco to make such changes without proper development would be unthinkable. I still think the whole Greeves thing was just a front for development! How else does Greeves majically appear up with Sherco motors. How many they sold at that price? Anyone seen one?

Boggles the mind! ;)

I'm pretty sure Greeves have designed their own motor, I happen to know sherco engines inside-out..

unfortunately! :)

Why does it look identicle on the outside then?

Well it is a two stroke, and aside from Beta's they're all the same basic layout, and in a minimalist design such as in trials it's going to be hard to have something look noticeably different, However I'm certain it's Greeves own design, things like bolt positions (i.e. on the cylinder heads Greeves have theirs on the outer-edge whereas Sherco have them between the waterways), materials used (Metal instead of plastic on flywheel cover)and other things that take a keen eye to notice... (where's a smiley with dorky glasses when you need one?)

Edited by motodaz