Brimham Rocks

betarick

just wanted to know peoples feed back from the british champ rd at brimham,

do you think the guys who set it out didnt realise it had been raining for the last month?

Also i didnt think watching 99% of the entry pushing there bikes through the section for what they think is going to be a 3, then 1 foot away from the end cards they are 'out of time'. FIVE

You cant blame it all on the guys who set it out, as they have worked hard plotting a course that was very challenging, but maybe its about time to make all trials 'full no stop'! even the top guys in the world want to go no stop, yesterdays trial would of been ten times better if it had been them rules. its the only way to make trials back been TRIALS, not the boring paint drying sport that its turning into, dont get me wrong watching dabil and wiggy & others amazes me, but it would amaze me more if it was no stop, and also the clubs would be amazed by the massive increase in entrys!

just wanted to know peoples feed back from the british champ rd at brimham,

do you think the guys who set it out didnt realise it had been raining for the last month?

Also i didnt think watching 99% of the entry pushing there bikes through the section for what they think is going to be a 3, then 1 foot away from the end cards they are 'out of time'. FIVE

You cant blame it all on the guys who set it out, as they have worked hard plotting a course that was very challenging, but maybe its about time to make all trials 'full no stop'! even the top guys in the world want to go no stop, yesterdays trial would of been ten times better if it had been them rules. its the only way to make trials back been TRIALS, not the boring paint drying sport that its turning into, dont get me wrong watching dabil and wiggy & others amazes me, but it would amaze me more if it was no stop, and also the clubs would be amazed by the massive increase in entrys!

Sorry it wouldn't work. Dibs was one of the riders pushing for "stop" rules so I cannot imagine other such as Michael Brown etc would be inclined to go back either. Dougie is known for his support of the "stop" rule as well. It works well on the current course's.

My Son and quite a few Yorkshire riders now refuse to enter Richmond, Wetherby and Ripon Trials as they cannot hop without risking a 5. Quite a few of them do win centre Trials as well so I don't foresee entries Increasing for pure "no-stop". In most cases the "club" route at the "stop" club Trials is set out so that they can be ridden rather than hopping. for those who can hop a bit the 50/50 is a popular choice. The best thing to do is give each set of riders what they want.

As for Brimham I would concede that the course was too tough for many. However C 0f C's at these events are pushed to make the course tough for the top riders to get a worthy winner. On the Experts I know one of the c of c's was surprised at my section that so few had low marks and I believe they thought the conditions would be better making the sections "do-able". As for time it has to be watched. I had only two true out of time on my section (9), but some did run it close.

Sorry it wouldn't work. Dibs was one of the riders pushing for "stop" rules so I cannot imagine other such as Michael Brown etc would be inclined to go back either. Dougie is known for his support of the "stop" rule as well. It works well on the current course's.

My Son and quite a few Yorkshire riders now refuse to enter Richmond, Wetherby and Ripon Trials as they cannot hop without risking a 5. Quite a few of them do win centre Trials as well so I don't foresee entries Increasing for pure "no-stop". In most cases the "club" route at the "stop" club Trials is set out so that they can be ridden rather than hopping. for those who can hop a bit the 50/50 is a popular choice. The best thing to do is give each set of riders what they want.

As for Brimham I would concede that the course was too tough for many. However C 0f C's at these events are pushed to make the course tough for the top riders to get a worthy winner. On the Experts I know one of the c of c's was surprised at my section that so few had low marks and I believe they thought the conditions would be better making the sections "do-able". As for time it has to be watched. I had only two true out of time on my section (9), but some did run it close.

If you can stop & hop, I would have thought No-stop would be easy ?

The stop argument I think is based around riders who wish to emulate raga bou and company and their style of riding. Ive travelled to Italy, Spain, Belgium and Andorra in recent years to watch world rounds and its fantastic to watch. But I have to admit that I cant see the sport being sustainable at BTC or WTC with 10 riders on the top class route. WTC is onlu sustanable because of the 125s, BTC is sustainable because of the expert class.

If the rules have to be changed to make the sport viable at world and british championship level then club and centre trials will follow. The alternative is that we just forget the champioships until they collapse and then decide ourselves what we chose to ride

Both sets of rules are totally viable. The complaints I hear about "No-Stop" rules are always centred around trials that can only be ridden "no-stop" by the very best riders. Set out the Trial correctly for the rules you are applying and either works really well. The other problem is that as Riders everybody seems to want something slightly different. Some want trials where they only drop single figures and think it is a disaster to win a Trial on 20! Others love a "tough" trial where 40 or 50 are dropped by the winner. In the case of most Trials, good riders should be in the 20-50 bracket. That is some sections will be cleaned by the majority of riders others will pull marks from the "lesser" riders.

At Brimham the Championship course did that. In the Experts A and B The course probably fell short of that ideal and I'm sure the C of C's will be looking at it for next years event. Both lads do a great job and indeed were out on the course working hard over the whole weekend and deserve congratulations for it.

As regards popularity don't forget that Trials in Europe run Stop rules usually and it seems to be as popular as always.

Trials is not TV "friendly" Like Rallying only the "top" and "Staged" events will make it to TV because of the logistics of covering a large, camera unfriendly area. The popularity of the sport is mainly down to the Riders and their families who at certain events find themselves riding against the best riders in the world rather that just watching them. This will continue to be a rarity rather than the norm though.

If you can stop & hop, I would have thought No-stop would be easy ?

So the C Of C makes the course tighter to "catch" riders and would you believe it people start complaining about the severity of the Trial and rider numbers drop off.

Thanks to YG and everyone involved for organizing a great trial, as always very professional and slick. I had a great day out and certainly know I've rode. I watched last year in awe of the talent in every class and decided I fancied ago while I'm still strong enough to take a little punishment. I knew I would struggle a lot but its been on my list of things to do.

I think it maybe turned out a little harder than expected and their were a few retirements/non starters in my class but I never felt in danger at any point (am sure a few spectators did :thumbup: ) The atmosphere was amazing and considering the weather we've had I was impressed by the crowd.

One thing is for sure is that theirs a great deal of uk talent nowadays which maybe having the 125 rule or maybe sections that match the severity of WTC. Whatever it is its good to see them riding at such a high level with a real chance of another UK world champion.