Week 128 - Lakes Goes No-stop

Andy

Hi Ralph cat get much further darn souf than NZ Remember well when you lived and rode in Wessex ctr. and the SSDT>s we did together abiding memory was sitting in Roy Careys trailer having a cuppa after corryarrick pass and you parked a rather scuffed Fantic next to mine ..Gary Marshman looked up and asked why I had my rear suspension so low .we all realised link bolt had come out and the ensuing stressfull ride via trotters to parc ferm and pems guys throwing bits at me. Anyway Rappers not quite far nough south to fill you in on S.west ctr trials which as you say are pretty damm good. We in Wessex ctr' keep prety busy but have to say I feel we are out of touch with standard of sections elswhere (up north) this reflects generally in our ability to cope with them when we visit. Having had agood time with last weeks forum I'm off tomorrow to europe for six weeks trialing holiday.

and even I can read between the lines on this one and it seems as if the majority of posters prefer no-stop trials.

How many posters were under the age of 150

I agree with the bigger Trials of 120+ riders then yes no-stop it need's to be,but you can count on one hand of those type of Trials,it's not the real picture of club Trials around the country of what goes on every weekend,where half the field is youngster's that want a bit of variety in there route.What the club's need to do is make a route in the section just for these stoppers and highlight this in the reg's,and leave the rest of the route's as no stop.

There's one thing for sure,without the stoppers Trials will Die and without the no stoppers Trials will Die,maybe we have to be alot less selfish with each other.

Not only that Great Britain need a World Trials Champion again soon.

Edited by bilc0

There's one thing for sure,without the stoppers Trials will Die and without the no stoppers Trials will Die,maybe we have to be alot less selfish with each other.

:thumbup:

Well said

How many posters were under the age of 150

I agree with the bigger Trials of 120+ riders then yes no-stop it need's to be,but you can count on one hand of those type of Trials,it's not the real picture of club Trials around the country of what goes on every weekend,where half the field is youngster's that want a bit of variety in there route.What the club's need to do is make a route in the section just for these stoppers and highlight this in the reg's,and leave the rest of the route's as no stop.

I'm glad you mentioned age, how many riders are competing now over the age of 40 ??

When us old gits all pack in (not for while yet in my case) will there be enough young blood to sustain the sport ?

I'm glad you mentioned age, how many riders are competing now over the age of 40 ??

When us old gits all pack in (not for while yet in my case) will there be enough young blood to sustain the sport ?

Not all choose to compete as such but a huge percentage in this area are over 40. We have to cater for them right now but also try to attract the youth riders somehow.

This is exactly the point.I feel clubs are missing an opportunity here,you often here clubs saying they need new blood well nows the time for the clubs to get the youngsters together and say to them if you want to play by the stop rule's you come and join the work team so you can help us design a stop route,it will be interesting to see how many youngsters will jump for that,if they don't well atleast the club can say we did give you the chance.

I don't believe clubs holding a vote with there members,for what rule to ride to is a good idea,as you say 15--20 years down the line those members will be thinking about giving up,now what?

It's the bike maker's making the rule's are federations are just enforcing them,we want complete no stop then the bike makers need to start making bike as heavy as the pre65's again.