Does Anyone Make A Trials Bike That Doesn't Overheat At Speed?

corex

Hey guys,

Here's my first post....

I was thinking about getting back into trials but I would like to find a bike that can ride around at 50km/h (or 80) as well.

I don't know if this exists, or if it is physically possible. My 280 pro was perfect on trails and trials, but I couldn't ride top gear for more than a minute. I know the bikes aren't meant for that, but can any of the bikes do that?

How about the Scorpa Long ride? I don't really want a seat but I'll deal with it if I have to!

Thanks for any ideas you guys have.

Jay

I should mention I live in BC Canada, so I'm usually climbing pretty hard on logging roads. My Gas Gas would overheat to quick to really have fun, and I always felt like I was killing it ( not in the good way ;) ). Are the 4 strokes any better than 2 strokes at speed for long periods?

I guess what I'm asking is, is it OK to climb 10km of logging road on a trials bike, and if it is which is the best one? Sounds like you sure have no problems on your Sherco, and obviously you know your stuff, so maybe there was a problem with my Gas Gas.

Thanks for whatever input you guys have, I'm sure my questions sound rediculous, but I'm halfway between a KTM 200 exc and a trials bike and thought this might be the place to ask. To picture the riding terrain here think "Last Man Standing" meets gnarly mountain bike trails :huh:

Edited by corex

As Pete says the trials bike with such small radiaters and fan systems are designed for ''the slow stuff'' 4-strokes do cope a lot better I have a 4RT never touched the coolant it has been round the SSDT twice and loads of road based trials.

And the 4RT is no ''Tortoise'' on the road :huh:

As Pete says the trials bike with such small radiaters and fan systems are designed for ''the slow stuff'' 4-strokes do cope a lot better I have a 4RT never touched the coolant it has been round the SSDT twice and loads of road based trials.

And the 4RT is no ''Tortoise'' on the road :huh:

4rt every time it sounds like the tool for you, forget the scorpa if you want decent trials performance.

I should mention I live in BC Canada, so I'm usually climbing pretty hard on logging roads. My Gas Gas would overheat to quick to really have fun, and I always felt like I was killing it ( not in the good way ;) ). Are the 4 strokes any better than 2 strokes at speed for long periods?

I guess what I'm asking is, is it OK to climb 10km of logging road on a trials bike, and if it is which is the best one? Sounds like you sure have no problems on your Sherco, and obviously you know your stuff, so maybe there was a problem with my Gas Gas.

Thanks for whatever input you guys have, I'm sure my questions sound rediculous, but I'm halfway between a KTM 200 exc and a trials bike and thought this might be the place to ask. To picture the riding terrain here think "Last Man Standing" meets gnarly mountain bike trails :huh:

Well the constant long climbs at speed would indeed be a different problem . A 4rT may indeed get on better in those conditions.

Steve Fracy lives up there and rides the 4T Sherco. Would have to ask him how it does in the logging roads.

Wow, lots of montesa riders! Sounds like 4 stroke is the way for me...

Thanks for all the responses guys! Sounds like this might be managable after all.

Anyone have experience with how the Sherco would hold up for this application? Shercos are easier to find around here.