Rear Tyre Inflation

jonathan collier

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

loads of tyre soap and a yomee tyre beader ( I have seen it done with a long rag but much easier with the beader) - then take valve inner out and get some psi in.

Some people try a tie-down strap around the tyre circumference but I don't find it works.

regards

Jim

You could also try a push bike inner tube (marginally inflated) jammed in on one side between the tyre and rim.

Take valve inner out -

Whack in the air (I've had to go higher than stated on tyre wall) - bead on non tube side comes out first

Keep pumping air in - tube side then locates

Slowly reduce the tyre pressure and ease the inner tube out from between the now-seated bead and the rim.

Works every time for me...

I don't like using the soap because I feel it stays "slippy" - fine for getting it onto the rim, but also a danger the tyre will slip off more easily in a section or big impact/twist. If you are struggling, even a little water can sometimes be enough to do the last bit.

Happy tyre-flashing...

Push bike inner tube between the tyre bead and the rim.

You do have to be quick to pull it out as the tyre inflates otherwise it gets caught and you have to start again but with practice, this works really well.

I've still got the same push bike inner tube after ten years or more.

Push bike inner tube between the tyre bead and the rim.

You do have to be quick to pull it out as the tyre inflates otherwise it gets caught and you have to start again but with practice, this works really well.

I've still got the same push bike inner tube after ten years or more.

Much cheaper but if you get a real difficult one on a saturday night before a trial you will be more than happy you have the beader in the shed!!!

Thanks for all the tips guys. It's putting up a good fight alright, we've got it to take pressure now but can't quite get the last bit of bead to seat on the rim, it's not popped into place. Tyre markings says max 33psi which is a bit of a joke, how high can I go with the pressue without killing myself? :lol:

Thanks for all the tips guys. It's putting up a good fight alright, we've got it to take pressure now but can't quite get the last bit of bead to seat on the rim, it's not popped into place. Tyre markings says max 33psi which is a bit of a joke, how high can I go with the pressue without killing myself? :lol:

if its near and wont pop on are you using lubricant? I have gone to 80 but 60 is more common with lube on a difficult one.

Tubeless.

I must not deviate from the topic, even minutely.