Panam Bomber

ham2

Scottish Justice now there's an oxymoron------Scottish Justice Secretary MacAskill's decision :lol: .

Give me time to find a link to this asinine jerk; Kenny MacAskill, so the world can see this politician who's in love with the sound of his own voice.

This guy contradicts himself so many times in one statement.

It beggars belief that they've let this terrorist go on compassionate grounds, what compassion were his innocent victims shown?

They didn't get to go home to their loved ones for their last 3 minutes never mind 3 months.

Cue: Backlash from Trials Central's Jockenese cabal.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt you'll get that, I'm in complete agreement with you B****** should have been left to rot. I remember that night, working at Prestwick Airport and able to see the shock of it hit people, it wasn't nice and we were disconnected from it if you like.

McAskill is an idiot and like most politicians is deeply in love with the sounds of his voice, this has been a big mistake and it's all down to money for British companies in Libya, BP are a prime example. This was brokered by Blair and McAskill's hand has been forced BUT we are our own country, we can make our own decisions, we don't have to do what that grinning jackanapes says but as usual the SNP will have lain down for more false promises from Westminster.

The single caveat I have is that Megrahi dying in a Scots jail would martyr him, they've got enough of them.

Spare a thought for the 270 victims, we have to because Libya certainly didn't when they blew up the passengers and killed the people of Lockerbie. Wonder if McAskill and the rest of the government thought of them yesterday when the decision was made.

Now I've calmed down a bit, that last remark was a tad OTT,apologies.

I was lost in the area around Lockerbie that day ( A7/ Newcastleton region) and had a'Twilight Zone' moment when I came to a road sign for Lockerbie and turned in the opposite direction.

There are doubts over Megrahi's guilt but I can't help but be repulsed by the fact that he 'pleaded the 5th' ,as the Americans would say,( to hide his involvement) at his trial .

I think you'll struggle to find one person in Scotland that would disagree with you, never mind consider a backlash, the whole thing is appalling from start to finish.

Our justice system is already a standing joke, but he's practically invited the mass murderers of the world onto our doorstep by harping on about Scottish compassion - it's an open invitation. If you get sentenced, you'll always serve less than half of what you get, and if you sneeze we'll probably let you out early in case it's swine flu and you're homesick. ****e. I don't know one Scot who agrees with him, and probably not one Brit - it's an absolute farce.

I don't know one Scot who agrees with him, and probably not one Brit - it's an absolute farce.

Thats why our justice and political system is a shambles. If the mp's really did our bidding, he would be swinging from the bough of one of our finest oaks along with several other hundred murderers and other deviants.

Scottish Justice now there's an oxymoron------Scottish Justice Secretary MacAskill's decision :mellow: .

Give me time to find a link to this asinine jerk; Kenny MacAskill, so the world can see this politician who's in love with the sound of his own voice.

This guy contradicts himself so many times in one statement.

It beggars belief that they've let this terrorist go on compassionate grounds, what compassion were his innocent victims shown?

They didn't get to go home to their loved ones for their last 3 minutes never mind 3 months.

OK then here goes.

What separates us from the terrorist? Compassion.

I don't want to get in to the argument about him possibly not being guilty in the first place as he was convicted and found guilty but he only has a few months to live and is no longer a risk to society. I think it was a very brave thing for the government to do to stand up against very strong pressure and follow the law of the land. Remember ALL prisoners in Scotland are entitled to compassionate release in their last days and only those that are still considered an immediate threat have ever been refused. Why should the law differ for this guy over all the other murderers, child molesters and rapists? We are a compassionate people with mainly sensible laws and should be proud to display our conviction to the laws or our land to world.

I'd have hated to be Kenny MacAskill this last couple of weeks try to choose from the options available but in the end he should hold his head high . He followed the normal legal process in Scotland and wasn't put off.

OK then here goes.

What separates us from the terrorist? Compassion.

Really? is that all that separates us?

This analogy is way too simplistic,almost shockingly naive. :mellow:

I'm afraid you can't justify the decision to release this intelligence officer (from a country that sponsors state-backed terrorism) just because it is good to be seen-to-be taking the moral high-ground.

To combat terrorism the whole world needs to pull in the same direction..not in the opposite direction like Scotland.

Who the F**** can guarantee that Megrahi is no longer a threat (Bin Laden needs constant kidney dialysis), even his report at his debriefing could be used against us.

Please indulge me while I act a little facetiously; Does anyone know of the percentages for re-offenders regarding a single murder? and let's apply it to the 270 people who were killed because of Megrahi's complicity?

We should be looking at Scottish justice for the victims not the offender.

Remember ALL prisoners in Scotland are entitled to compassionate release in their last days

That makes us an even bigger joke.

Sentences should be sentences. Not halved as standard, no early release for good behaviour, none of this telly in the cells. Make a prison a prison and we wouldn't have half the crime we've got. If you don't want to die whilst banged up, don't do the crime in the first place. Compassion my a***.

At least the taxpayers are releaved of the burdon of care and or burial! Could cost a bundle!

Last I seen here, cost something like 40k per year to the taxpayer to keep someone in a maximum security prison. That number has probably risen.

All this complasancy has let to the fact there are no work details(chain gangs) for the betterment of the state.

We still kill them off by lethal injection when possible in Texas! Hanging is said to be too cruel! Hard labor too harsh! Pity!

There should be more of it, within reason, your political voice remains, yet reason and reasonability should prevail.

There have been mistakes made on some convictions as well, and new DNA evidence has cleared a few, too few to mention really. Point being, you better have a pretty good case, or you are a goner in my book! Screw all that prison crap, take your just due! Why should I support you?

What I found worse than releasing him, is the reception he got when he got back to Libya - Now that was sickening to the core to witness. :mellow:

And what is worse than that, (and it really gets my goat) is the politicians involved with the whole farce acting suprised at his welcome home. We could all see what was going to happen, why couldn't they? Unless they didn't care maybe?

Last I seen here, cost something like 40k per year to the taxpayer to keep someone in a maximum security prison. That number has probably risen.

Yep, a Gov of a max sec prison has it as part of his/her kpt (what he/she gets a bonus for) to get the cost down to

As bad as this ****e has been theres some rumours maybe his release has something to do with a trade deal between the UK and Libya? the **** will really hit the fan if it comes out that thats the real reason he was released not compassion

Its obvious that some form of deal has been done but unlikley we will ever find out. Its disappointing that he did not proceed with his second appeal as many people want to get to the bottom of who was responsible for this atrocity, as it certainly wasn't Megrahi acting alone.

The reality is a somepoint Governments have to make deals with terrorists. If such deals prevent rogue states aquiring WMD's then is it not a bad thing?

As bad as this ****e has been theres some rumours maybe his release has something to do with a trade deal between the UK and Libya? the **** will really hit the fan if it comes out that thats the real reason he was released not compassion

Ohh surely they'd never have done anything like that........ would they?