New Model From Montesa..... When?

jonny042

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only Five years in production and you want a complete new model? The costs have barely been amortized. In this economic climate? Sales are seriously down for all the marques. What they need to do is a cost reduction and make it more affordable. Maybe an update with a bigger bore motor. A 300 cc would be nice. It is still the only true clean trials engine. I don't see how they get the 2T past the Euro 3. Maybe an Electric Cota should be next.

There not doing a new model, the only difference is that the 2010 has x-light tyres on, Sandifords reckon Montesa are going to fold by 2011.

That's what I was afraid of..... too bad. Really too bad. Lets hope not.

As for a new model, I thought they came out in 2005? So that makes six production years without a single significant production change. Adding a coat of paint doesn't count IMO. Add to that the fact that many of the parts are carried over from the 315, and a new model will be due by 2011, economic climate or not.

In order to sell bikes they need to keep coming up with the latest, greatest, gotta have..... like they did with the 4RT, what a huge success.

As for "clean" engines, Honda (and many others) has the direct injection 2-stroke technology that would be ideal for a trials bike. Too bad it may never make it there.

That's what I was afraid of..... too bad. Really too bad. Lets hope not.

Add to that the fact that many of the parts are carried over from the 315, and a new model will be due by 2011, economic climate or not.

The only parts carried over from the 315 are the wheels and suspension and those are the best in the business.

Edited by for artie

There not doing a new model, the only difference is that the 2010 has x-light tyres on, Sandifords reckon Montesa are going to fold by 2011.

Na, they can always put Sherco motors in-um! Always wanted a 250cc version !

Edited by copemech

How would you know, Why the hell would it matter to me if Caroline Sandiford knew who i was, do i really care?,Martin actually said in person to my dad that they reckon Montesa could quite well POSSIBLY fold in 2011, sales were down 87% this year, i reckon it will be the Honda RTL that takes over Montesa if anything happens, I seriously suggest you keep quiet, are you saying that you would pay
Edited by HAM2

GasGasben Posted Today, 07:28 AM

sales were down 87% this year

let's see bad global economy, an over priced piece of Trials Iron, Might have helped if they were selling them in the US. (probably not much in reference to first point of economy)

Would it be horrible if Honda did absorb montesa? The Montessas are Hondas with a different name anyways. About the only reason to retain the montesa name is nostalgia from "The Hayday of Trials"

let's see bad global economy, an over priced piece of Trials Iron, Might have helped if they were selling them in the US. (probably not much in reference to first point of economy)

Would it be horrible if Honda did absorb montesa? The Montessas are Hondas with a different name anyways. About the only reason to retain the montesa name is nostalgia from "The Hayday of Trials"

They should have imported them to the U.S, it would of helped them.

How would you know, Why the hell would it matter to me if Caroline Sandiford knew who i was, do i really care?,Martin actually said in person to my dad that they reckon Montesa could quite well POSSIBLY fold in 2011, sales were down 87% this year, i reckon it will be the Honda RTL that takes over Montesa if anything happens, I seriously suggest you keep quiet, are you saying that you would pay