New Model From Montesa..... When?

jonny042

How would you know, Why the hell would it matter to me if Caroline Sandiford knew who i was, do i really care?,Martin actually said in person to my dad that they reckon Montesa could quite well POSSIBLY fold in 2011, sales were down 87% this year, i reckon it will be the Honda RTL that takes over Montesa if anything happens, I seriously suggest you keep quiet, are you saying that you would pay
Edited by for artie

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='ZIPPY' date='Sep 15 2009, 06:48 AM' post='211828'

Would it be horrible if Honda did absorb montesa? The Montessas are Hondas with a different name anyways. About the only reason to retain the montesa name is nostalgia from "The Hayday of Trials"

Thats what they did in the 80s, something to do with getting around import laws in europe at the time & the brand was going cheap

The Reason Honda kept the Montesa name is quite simple, when the Montesa factory was up for sale the idea was to sell as a going concern and The Spanish government backed this. Honda came in and made a deal. They would continue to sell Montesa Bikes but mainly use the factory to produce Honda's for the Spanish and European market. It would then depend on how long the agreement was for, and if any penalties could be applied this long after the takeover as to whether Honda consider it worthwhile to stay in the Trials Market with a machine priced so far above it's rivals as to make it irreverent for the majority of club riders.

Who know's what the like's of Honda are thinking,The big name's like Honda allways did have a habit of coming in and out of Trials as they wish,you would normaly see them gone when the money dried up.

Im surprised Sandifords hav'nt been on here to say Untrue.

The Reason Honda kept the Montesa name is quite simple, when the Montesa factory was up for sale the idea was to sell as a going concern and The Spanish government backed this. Honda came in and made a deal. They would continue to sell Montesa Bikes but mainly use the factory to produce Honda's for the Spanish and European market. It would then depend on how long the agreement was for, and if any penalties could be applied this long after the takeover as to whether Honda consider it worthwhile to stay in the Trials Market with a machine priced so far above it's rivals as to make it irreverent for the majority of club riders.

As tony said above it was to mainly get around import restrictions that drove the purchase.

viva Montesa may not be so viva anymore ???...too bad

HPIM3812.jpg

there was some mention a while back that honda wanted to put the bikes in a regular Honda motorcycle shop but the dealers wanted no part in it. don't know the truth in it, it's meerley speculation at this point, too bad though, they had the best bike going for a while there.

Edited by MotoVintage

viva Montesa may not be so viva anymore ???...too bad

too bad though, they had the best bike going for a while there.

Crikey! the child prophet BenBen speaks and you lot are ready to bury the most successful brand in history. Cowards.

VIVA MONTESA!

Edited by for artie

Well, they pulled them from the US, did they not? Oh, they are a fun lump, but what one is buying and at that price IS NOT the bike that is ridden in the WTC! Add the prices went out of range for many.

All that money may buy championships! But when it dries up, it does level the playing field! Shortage of titanium! :huh: