nigel dabster

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Will he do well though?????

No doubting his capabilities and never ridden the Scott, but I have been a few times round the SSDT and my take on that is that if the moor crossings are similar a Trials bike would be quicker?

So if its Paul's intention to set standard time my view is I don't think he will, however, if its to prove you can get round on an Enduro bike that may be possible!!!

No doubting his capabilities and never ridden the Scott, but I have been a few times round the SSDT and my take on that is that if the moor crossings are similar a Trials bike would be quicker?

So if its Paul's intention to set standard time my view is I don't think he will, however, if its to prove you can get round on an Enduro bike that may be possible!!!

Think we should just wish him luck for whatever he wants to do.

I also reckon that if he agrees to the Richmond club's demands why shouldn't he get a crack at it. It's down to the club to agree or disagree, good on them for allowing something a bit different.

Think Coire Dubh, it's probably the only gully of it's kind in the SSDT where you go bottom to top & there's no way out but up, I may be wrong but I can't think of another.

Scott Trial has the following which match or are worse than Coire Dubh, you go up them or you go no further:-

Cold Knuckles

Thrin Ghyll

Braithwaites Ghyll

Roan hush

Cringly Bottom

Grey Beards

Blind Ghyll, I'm want to watch him get it out of here B)

Gorton

By Pass

Black Hills

Little Punchard Ghyll

Fagger Ghyll

Slea Ghyll

Cold knuckles, again but an extra tough side gully

Rotten Wood

One sunny day at Blind Ghyll, we were thinking of having a look up there in the 3 Day. I think we could do with a Bigfoot clip taken at last years Scott, the flying Scorpa chased by it's rider would be a good one B)

post-2-1254954728.jpg

Edited by PERCE

I too would love to see someone trying to get a enduro bike out of Blind Ghyll. I know its one of the reasons I'd never like to try the Scott. I'm just not sure I'd have the balls to go in the bottom knowing what its like getting out hte top.

I'll find the clip Perce is speaking about and put up a link when I get home.

Your picture doesn't do it justice but pictures and even video never do. It one of my great regrets in editing my videos that you can never get a true perspective of the size and steepness of some of the steps and climbs. From memory Blind Ghyll is a bit of a trek to get to but if your up for it you couldn't find a better place to watch the Scott.

Edited by bigfoot

Seems some of the enduro types are a bit off center!

I have seen a bit of the real nasty stuff they done at the Redbull, Last Man Standing course here! I would not want to attempt on a trials bike, then the turn about and did the course backwards, AFTER DARK! Just nuts! B)