Sherco 2010 - Video

trialsuk

This kind of system or similar has been used on model aero engines and also some modern scooters where the tank is below the engine. Usually uses a diaphragm operated by the pressure pulses in the crankcase. Sherco's system may be different though.

Wayne....

Sounds similar to the scorpa 4 stroke

I think it is a slightly negative point not been able to see the fuel level easily, it's just the same as the gasgas and beta though.

It could be better for the scott and the scottish as they nearly always overfill the tanks anyway, at least with the tank filler being where it is you won't get petrol at over your b******s and it won't destroy the tank stickers either.

I think it is a slightly negative point not been able to see the fuel level easily, it's just the same as the gasgas and beta though.

It could be better for the scott and the scottish as they nearly always overfill the tanks anyway, at least with the tank filler being where it is you won't get petrol at over your b******s and it won't destroy the tank stickers either.

You beat me to that one!

Dont agree with you on that one Copemech . I have had a Mont and could check the fuel level by peering down the tank with the filler cap off.

Now I am only looking at pictures and may be different when I see one for real but with the Sherco the filler cap is 90 degrees to the tank and is it possible to remove the cap and look down the tank to see how much fuel is left?

Sherco the filler cap is 90 degrees to the tank and is it possible to remove the cap and look down the tank to see how much fuel is left?

One way or the other it's going to be awkward to fill, so a flexi funnel might be required.

I know there's a trick you can do on a Gassa with a clear tube, run up alongside of the frame and connected to the fuel tap, which makes a good fuel level indicator....maybe the same trick would work on the Sherco somehow?

Best of balance.

Neo

Dont agree with you on that one Copemech . I have had a Mont and could check the fuel level by peering down the tank with the filler cap off.

Now I am only looking at pictures and may be different when I see one for real but with the Sherco the filler cap is 90 degrees to the tank and is it possible to remove the cap and look down the tank to see how much fuel is left?

John is right, I stand corrected, meant Beta! :ph34r:

But for those interisted, I could easily run a slim plastic tube down it, cap it with the finger and tell you the level. Could also calibrate the tube if need be.

Damn, that is what we do in aircraft, when one really wants to know when those unreliable guages are lying to you, what a pain!

Pity poor trials riders that never managed to calculate their average run time, in LPH, as they may have no clue!

If one needs to get specific, it can be done!

Edited by copemech