New Ossa

ham2

Honestly I'm not making this up... The bike is not THAT special... it has a usd fork by Marzosschi, made in collaboration... it has injection which doesn't cost a fortune either and the frame and swingarm are probably cheaper to manufacture then for example the frame of a Montesa which is full casted alloy.

Trust me, the price won't differ too much from a Gas Gas... :thumbup:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just think to be priced more, than all the other brands, it needs to perform better, if priced around the same and the performance is as good, then you have a good combination for more sales.

At the moment you have a prototype probably with many one off hand built parts, and the bike doesn't even run yet, I can't see them getting to production in eight months.

It's a very innovative and good looking machine, but at this time that is all it is.

I just think to be priced more, than all the other brands, it needs to perform better, if priced around the same and the performance is as good, then you have a good combination for more sales.

At the moment you have a prototype probably with many one off hand built parts, and the bike doesn't even run yet, I can't see them getting to production in eight months.

It's a very innovative and good looking machine, but at this time that is all it is.

Spoke with a friend at Ossa. I only asked him one question. Yes, they have a running prototype.

Good riders will probably ride whatever they can get a little help in the sponsorship department, those who like the bike and have the $ to be the first kid on the block with one, or Big John, who probably hasn't got one that shade of green could be in the market.

Don't be daft, I won't be buying any new Ossa trials bike thanks very much especially something that is as yet untested and unproven!

When they have made a few and tested them to bits, then and only then, would I even consider buying one and certainly not well above the prices asked for the current level of models available to the punters!

I might have a few motorcycles in the batcave, but I'm not totally wasteful with my cash!

(Besides I know what I like and its four-stroke and well proven and suits me at my time of life!) :thumbup:

Big John

Riding round in't Jag all day, just isn't trials John.

I wasn't talking about my car, true it is a four-stroke and fuel injected! But it's winter up here now and I don't drive my car around at this time of year, I use ...something else!

Big John

Don't be daft, I won't be buying any new Ossa trials bike thanks very much especially something that is as yet untested and unproven!

When they have made a few and tested them to bits, then and only then, would I even consider buying one and certainly not well above the prices asked for the current level of models available to the punters!

I might have a few motorcycles in the batcave, but I'm not totally wasteful with my cash!

(Besides I know what I like and its four-stroke and well proven and suits me at my time of life!) :rotfl:

Big John

Sorry mate but you've got a Sherco 320 4T 1st edition! Need I say more??? :D

Edited by AtomAnt

Sorry mate but you've got a Sherco 320 4T 1st edition! Need I say more??? :D

Absolutely correct and I have only run it for 5 hours! I still have it wrapped up and put to one side.

I didn't wish to "name and shame" the brand having owned 8 2T Shercos in succession before the 4T, but seeing you have "outed me" publicly I can't and won't deny it, (see previous post elsewhere). I will never, ever buy a first edition of anything ever again, we live and learn!

Big John

(older and wiser!)

Absolutely correct and I have only run it for 5 hours! I still have it wrapped up and put to one side.

I didn't wish to "name and shame" the brand having owned 8 2T Shercos in succession before the 4T, but seeing you have "outed me" publicly I can't and won't deny it, (see previous post elsewhere). I will never, ever buy a first edition of anything ever again, we live and learn!

Big John

(older and wiser!)

HA HA ! although I cant say too much as I bought one too :rotfl: ..... But! it was a great bike to ride as long as someone else started it! :D

• 4 weeks later...

The new model of the Catalan mark Ossa. | THE WORLD Neat Luis Barcelona. - A quarter of century back in the time, nor the clover of four leaves that Lucia in the shield of Ossa served so that the fortune smiled timidly to the ancestral mark of motorcycles. It had to close. In spite of a heroic attempt on the part of its founders, in whom fusions and loans without success were estimated, the business of selling motorcycles of the high range anywhere in the world - without forgetting the well bottomless that it supposed to be in the grill of the best races it finished for being untenable. Back countless fanatics of a mark born in Catalonia were orphaned that mimaba each detail in its machines, made almost artisan, and that their followers still keep like relics of a past which, they imagined, they were not going to return to see. Until now. After two years of rumors, Ossa resurges of its ashes and returns to the business of the two wheels with sufficient ambition like recovering the prestige of long ago. The return of the mark - of the most sold anywhere in the world between 1940 and 1984 and with palmar