Front Wheel Out For A Clean

jamersby

For all the years I have been involved in trials either riding or observing I have never really come to terms with the ruling that once the front spindle of a bike has passed the end section pegs it's classed as section completed, just recently whilst observing a section a rider entered the start gate rode the section so far with a clean, the section end pegs was at the top of a bank which was wet and slippy the rider managed to get his front wheel past the end pegs, but with his back wheel still spinning slid back down into the section, the rider pushed the bike out of the section, as I looked to a club official who was watching he said I have to mark the rider as clean, now I'm sure we have all seen similar situations so why is it not the back spindle that deems the section end, should the rule be changed ?

It's not a problem providing the course setters remember to put the ends cards at least one bikes length away from the obstacle.

Absolutly correct, it was a badly postioned ends card that caused the problem. Not the rule.

Edited by jordi

Marking starts when front spindle is in the section till front spindle is out, I just love opening the throttle with my feet on the pegs and hanging on when I see the ends cards, then ending up in a heap just out of the section. This is good because I get a clean or whatever and the observer gets a laugh at me!!!!

It's not a problem providing the course setters remember to put the ends cards at least one bikes length away from the obstacle.

Your quite right, if the end cards had been further away the rider would have received a 5, I had to mark him as clean where as other riders completed it with ease, but I have seen other similar circumstances i.e. front wheel out the gate back wheel flattened the peg, can you see where I am coming from.

B) Spot on

AMCA trials I beleive is rear wheel spindle, as above dosn't make a scrap of difference if the start and end cards are positioned correctly.......and that ain't hard?

Your quite right, if the end cards had been further away the rider would have received a 5, I had to mark him as clean where as other riders completed it with ease, but I have seen other similar circumstances i.e. front wheel out the gate back wheel flattened the peg, can you see where I am coming from.

If the rear wheel runs over the ends cards then it makes no difference, the section is finished as soon as the front spindle exits the section.

If the rear wheel runs over the ends cards then it makes no difference, the section is finished as soon as the front spindle exits the section.

Yes I know, which is the point I am trying to make any other peg would be 5 so why is it not the back spindle that completes the section.

Another discusion I once saw was the front disc was the contact point of the ends peg and it took the peg to a near horizontal lean and the marker was adamant that the five was appropriate and the ensuing banter was worth listening to.

Edited by steveo

This reminded me of something which I read in a set of (Canadian?) trials rules

"The front wheel spindle must pass the section end markers before the rear wheel spindle"

It's fun trying to visualise the situation where that rule may need to be applied