Trials Gloves

jesster

What is the difference between trials gloves and motocross gloves? I'd imagine they are lighter and provide better feel. My current gloves are MSR World Tour and are really nice but the seams cause big blisters and callises on my hands. What are some good trials gloves?

Thanks!!

I use renthal medium grips (I think), and I don't wear gloves unless there is at least a few inches of snow on the ground, or the trial starts in a blizzard, as they are for girls. They are only necessary if you will become unable to pull the clutch lever by the end of the trial. I get no blisters (probably because i'm hard, hehehe, i wish :wall:)

;):o

What is the difference between trials gloves and motocross gloves?

Trials gloves will typically have no padding in the palm area, so as to provide maximum feedback through the bars. You want the protection that gloves give to both the back, and palm, of the hand but at the same time want your grip on the bars to feel as if you were not wearing any gloves.

I have used a little known brand called OVEC for the past few years, and really like them. The Tryals Shop is running a Christmas special right now and you can order two pair for a total of $29.95

I use Sinisalo MX gloves. Those are nice durable yet comfy. I have never had any problems with feel or accuracy with these gloves.

Here in Finland we have a bloody thing called "winter", you know that white stuff everywhere and freezin cold... Then I wear two pairs of these, a old loose pair on a new pair provide enough insulation.

Few spikes put on rear tire really makes big difference while riding in snow and ice. It isn't that pleasant to go riding when it is over minus 6 celcius degrees.

Thanks guys!! I'll definitley be looking for a pair in the near future. Before I switch over to some non padded gloves, however, I'll definitely switch my grips to some Renthal Mediums. My dad and brother both use these and they are quite a bit more cumfy than my stock Monty grips. And as far as warmth goes, we live in Canada's "Banana Belt" and only get about 1 snowy day a year, so I'm not too concerned with that.

It does rain an awful lot here. we had some Brits come stay with us for almost 2 months. I asked if they ever got homsick. They said, "For What? Youve got the rain, and you've got the pubs. All you're missing are our jobs, bad drivers and pollution!!"