Rear Mudguard

smalley250

i fliped and broke the rear fender on my pro 03, the bike jumped in the air and went down drilled the exaust pipe in the dirt and smashed the mid box. in the act the airfilterbox broke aswell. just my little story of a "cheep" day in the woods. (400 + pounds !!!!! )

Suppose you work all week for nowt, the price isn't just for a mudgaurd, how many people are employed, cost to run and maintain the building, tools etc, then there is the good old tax man to take his cut, the cost of a mudgaurd may be expensive for what you get, but it's also expensive to buy and stock them for the man trying to make a living and provide a living for others.

I dont think it value at all. For

I happen to make moulds and extrusion dies for the plastic industry, and we run them here as well. Virgin material is not that expensive, around R13/kg. Thats about 2$/kg. A Gas Gas mudguard only weighs 340g so the material cost is 2$ for THREE! I dont see how that is expensive. A lot of the stuff we sell is heavier than a mudguard and we sell it for the equivalent of 4$, and still make a good profit after all costs are taken into account. Granted we do sell more items than they sell mudguards, but still.... What a ripoff! Maybe it's the super titanium impregnated, carbon fiber inspired sticker that is so expensive to make.... :o

I happen to make moulds and extrusion dies for the plastic industry, and we run them here as well. Virgin material is not that expensive, around R13/kg. Thats about 2$/kg. A Gas Gas mudguard only weighs 340g so the material cost is 2$ for THREE! I dont see how that is expensive. A lot of the stuff we sell is heavier than a mudguard and we sell it for the equivalent of 4$, and still make a good profit after all costs are taken into account. Granted we do sell more items than they sell mudguards, but still.... What a ripoff! Maybe it's the super titanium impregnated, carbon fiber inspired sticker that is so expensive to make.... :o

Good point, Sparky

I also think its expensive, but I can understand why........If mudguards sold in the same numbers as microchips Im sure the price would be a lot less....

Like you say:-

If they sold in larger numbers then another manufacturer/supplier would dive into the market to sell their own version (cheaper?/better?) .... that's how to keep prices down.

One supplier=one monopoly=no competition=