Scorpa Sy250

shazsdad

got me Flat bash plate today, nice bit of kit too :P not sure if it's a OE that is fitted to the latest SY's or some after market item.

It's 6mm thick!! compared to my Scorpa's 4mm, don't think I'll be bending that in a hurry (not unless Bikespace sumps it out for me :wall: )

post-10-1106680062.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marky,

Unless they have changed the flat skid plate since I got mine, you will have to make the hole in the middle a little oblong, that is if you want to change the gearbox oil without removing the skid plate. I used a carbide bit on an air tool to open the hole up just a little so that a socket wrench would fit on to the plug.

The flat plate is great to ride with. You won't wobble if you land your skid plate on a log.

Ciao

Doug Wilson

I was watching some Japanese trials video the other day, and I saw the advantage to not having a flat bash plate for the pro-riders.

They were going over a log at an angle. The lads with the flat bash plates couldn't sump out because it was throwing them off to one side.

It seemed that the Scorpa riders were able to perch on the log easier.

Dunno if that's exactly the reason, but it seems to make sense. Probably more for the lads that can balance on a needle edge I suppose (so you may as well get that flat one fitted Mark :wall: )

Mark, have you fitted any kind of water pump guard? I can't stress how important it is mate! :P

Havn't got a water pump protector yet boofont, which one is best ?

A mate of mine will probably weld me an extention to the bash plate if needed but not too sure if that would be over kill?.

Lloyd: Got turned down for the SSDT I'm afraid mate :wall::P

Hoping to ride the Manx 2day this year with Bikespace and Co :P:P

• 5 years later...

You've bumped a 5 year old topic.....why ?

......................ha, didn't notice the date!...did a google search , for scorpa clubs in britian ...thought I'd check to see if there was any grouping s of scorppa

owners........this popped up, so I got involved with vall these posts ...you still own a sy 250?