Bike Scrutineering

vasey15

I was hoping a few of you SSDT vets, could point me in the right direction as far as getting my bike through scrutineering. What does my bike need to have to pass? As it stands, I don't have light's, speedo or side stand. I am aware that I need a side stand and speedo, however, can I get away with a cheap speedo from halfords? Also do I need a horn?

Basically I'm not wanting to spend too much money, and from the price list for the speedo, wiring loom, horn and lights, it starts to get a wee bit pricey.

cheers.

Ahhhh the ssdt scrutinising team. Used to be known as frustrated wanabe policemen.... but were infact perfectly reasonable chaps.

We had a scare in '89 over FIM noise levels. I had the official Fantic but-plug fitted in the tail pipe to quieten the bike and their comment was.... wait for it.... oh that passed easily! .......Or in other words, everyone else passed and we didn't have to move the noise meter so far away on yours to get a pass. I was the only one with the exhaust part fitted. Sigh.

The guys did pick me up on something minor so i walked around the ParkF and brought the bit needed. Fitted it and done.

They won't check your speedo works. Anyway how could they!

I was hoping a few of you SSDT vets, could point me in the right direction as far as getting my bike through scrutineering. What does my bike need to have to pass?

cheers.

From what i gather it all depends on who is riding it as to how many eyes suddenly become blind.

Then of course theres :chairfall::thumbup:

:chairfall:

Has nobody come up with something new to gurn about this year? :thumbup:

Yeah...have you managed to organise us some "podium type" girls to hang around Parc Ferme, some Bikini clad cheer leaders at certain groups of sections and the parade????? If not we'll start whinging...

Yeah...have you managed to organise us some "podium type" girls to hang around Parc Ferme, some Bikini clad cheer leaders at certain groups of sections and the parade????? If not we'll start whinging...

You promised you'd raid the wife's wardrobe and do the job yourself this year, don't try and get out of it now. :chairfall:

Oh and I can just imagine that at the Pre '65 too? Keeping it in realistic to match the event getting some grannies from the retirement home in Fort William they could use their Bus Pass to Kinlochleven and strut shuffle round in their ''Bloomers''

Oh and I can just imagine that at the Pre '65 too? Keeping it in realistic to match the event getting some grannies from the retirement home in Fort William they could use their Bus Pass to Kinlochleven and strut shuffle round in their ''Bloomers''

If the grannies internals were as trick as some of the cubs, I wouldn't mind seeing inside their "bloomers"

If the grannies internals were as trick as some of the cubs, I wouldn't mind seeing inside their "bloomers"

I know it takes all sorts, but that could put me off the SSDT for life.

We have a 24 Hour Road Trial here (for Enduro bikes) and you can be assured that at least one control during the night some partially clad female will welcome you into a control or at least be naked on the side of the course. This helps restore blood circulation in the middle of the night. I remember the year I did it arriving into a secret control at around midnight to be greeted by two young nubile nymphs only wearing their panties. I was so disappointed they where not there on the next lap 6 hours later.

You promised you'd raid the wife's wardrobe and do the job yourself this year, don't try and get out of it now. :crying:

Nowt fit's flower, that's me snookered.......phew!!

internals were as trick as some of the cubs, I wouldn't mind seeing inside their "bloomers"

FFS Ross, I'm trying to eat!!