Is There Still Any Love For The 4rt?

johnnyboxer

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem being that the UK Importers, Sandifords stopped importing the brand.

Pidcocks have taken over UK distribution but still a few unanswered questions ongoing.

Sandifords are in liquidation, all their stock and fixed assets are on an auction site at the moment.

Caroline Sandiford is in the middle of setting up a Montesa spares business (Jim Sandiford), see elsewhere on these threads.

So a lot of confusion for several months.

Big John

And if Ms Sandifords attitude and customer service abilities were any thing to go by , I for one am not suprised the company has folded. Sorry to have to say this but i know my view is shared by others and could serve as a lesson for others in business .These remarks are not as a result of some disagreement in the past ,just a personal observation .

Problem being that the UK Importers, Sandifords stopped importing the brand.

Pidcocks have taken over UK distribution but still a few unanswered questions ongoing.

Sandifords are in liquidation, all their stock and fixed assets are on an auction site at the moment.

Caroline Sandiford is in the middle of setting up a Montesa spares business (Jim Sandiford), see elsewhere on these threads.

So a lot of confusion for several months.

Big John

Really...............please expand

Haven't seen much news about it

And if Ms Sandifords attitude and customer service abilities were any thing to go by , I for one am not suprised the company has folded. Sorry to have to say this but i know my view is shared by others and could serve as a lesson for others in business .These remarks are not as a result of some disagreement in the past ,just a personal observation

Ive heard she has a terrible tongue, however ive avoided them for this reason so never been on the recieving end so to speak.

I reckon the four stroke love affair is over as you dont see top riders on them in the UK. Price and weight is the killer and wont change until as promised :thumbup: two strokes are banned.

And if Ms Sandifords attitude and customer service abilities were any thing to go by , I for one am not suprised the company has folded. Sorry to have to say this but i know my view is shared by others and could serve as a lesson for others in business .These remarks are not as a result of some disagreement in the past ,just a personal observation .

Ahh so it isnt just me who feels the same about customer service from ms sandifords. Personally i dont think it is the sandiford attitude however that has seen the downturn. It is the cost of the montesa and the stop rules that has killled the bike off. Trials are getting tighter and bigger stuff. The mont just doesnt cope as well for the majority of uk level riders as the two strokes that are much lighter. Dont get me wrong they are leaps and bounds ahead in terms of build quality but thats not good enough for most. I have kept my montesa for my own reason, but i ride two stroke gasser 2010 and wow what a difference. My results are better, so it works for me.

Must say that the Montesa 4RT is 2nd to non, absolutly love them.

Also, i have not really had any dealings with Ms Sandiford, so can't really comment.

But Martin, what a decent fella he is, in my heart of hearts i truly hope that Montesa is imported via Sandifords again, or at least Martin is something to do with Montesa UK ???

Erm,,, VIVA MONTESA

GaffaMont.

Edited by GaffaMont