A Trials Project

I see some posts on what lads have done for sections in their back yard.

These are pictures of sections I have built over the past 12 years, in my back yard.

This creek is all concrete mixed a bag at a time and stones set in, the water is from the land drains but only runs when it's wet.

post-2-1073529094.jpg

Edited by ishy

I have a few more to post Nigel, but all the obsticals were trees or rocks traded or got off the property, when we bought the property in 89 it cost $90,000, about 60,000 quid, worth a lot more today, but it would cost the same or more to move to somthing like, if you move further out of town the lower the price gets.

post-2-1073530116.jpg

Edited by ishy

It is all on less than three acres, with two sections on the other side of the house.

In all I have built eight sections, most of them have multiple lines but my favorite and the one I ride most is the creek, it's hard to clean more than once in a row.

Under the trees stays firm all year but gets slick as snot on an ice cube this time of year.

Some parts I don't ride if real wet as I don't want to turn it into a mud hole.

The whole idea is if someone who didn't know saw it they would just think it was landscaping.

post-2-1073530197.jpg

Edited by ishy

Bikespace, when we first bought the place you couldnt walk down the back it was so overgrown with blackberries and weeds, bit by bit I cut sawed and burned my way thru it.

As it got cleared I started making sections and tried to keep it looking nice, I'm proud of it because it was mostly hard work that made it not money.

Quite a few of our club members are buying homes on a bit of land they can make section on. I have seen 20 acre lots near Goldendale selling for $20,000 not bad if you compare against an average new car.

I have seen 20 acre lots near Goldendale  selling for $20,000 not bad if you compare against an average new car.

I've been looking out for some local land for a while just 3 or 4 acres to keep the other half of the family happy with horses and maybe a few trials sections.

Seems a bit extravagant to some, but not too expensive when added to the mortgage, but agricultural land fetches around

• 3 weeks later...